The Cat S42 has been introduced by Bullitt Group, the global licensee for Cat phones. The Cat S42 has been designed with high reliability with the robust build allowing it to withstand extreme situations.
Consumers can get their hands on the new addition to the range. It is priced at MSRP of £229 and brings all the benefits that all the other Cat phones bring as a result of the decade of research and development in the design of rugged phones, bringing unrivaled toughness to this essential everyday work phone.
The Cat S42 has all the features which customers in this area of consumption require. It has an incredibly long battery life, market-leading rugged credentials as well as an extremely bright and large display allowing users to easily use and read stuff in sunlight. Similar to all other Cat phones, users can put it through thorough hygienic cleaning. The phone can be submerged and scrubbed with hot soapy water or disinfectant, an essential hygiene detail for those who must keep on working.
“Cat phones customers need a phone they can rely on, whether they are in the emergency services keeping us safe, or working in a hospital where hygiene is the priority, or in construction and needing a phone that’s tough enough to survive on-site, day after day, the Cat S42 is designed to be utterly dependable and keep working for you,” said Peter Cunningham, VP Product Portfolio at Bullitt Group.
The Cat S42 has been put through all the Cat phones’ demanding rugged standards test. It has both MIL-SPEC 810H and IP68 ratings and surpasses the repeated and rigorous drop testing from 1.8m onto steel by the company itself. It has also been put through a waterproof test by being submerged into the water at depths up to 1.5m for 35 minutes. Other tests include the vibration and tumble tests that all Cat phones are put through. The device can also withstand extreme temperatures and thermal shocks. You can take it literally anywhere and it will survive in situations even where you can’t. It’s built tough to help you thrive in challenging outdoor work situations and extreme leisure pursuits alike.
The large 5.5-inch HDZ+ 18×9 display on the device is coated with scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 5. You can read stuff off it in bright sunlight and can use it with wet fingers or fingers covered in gloves.
- Powerful 4,200mAh battery
- Water / Dustproof (IP68), Drop tested to 1.8M onto steel, MIL-SPEC 810H, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
- Waterproof Smartphone – up to 1.5 meters for 35 minutes
- 5.5″ HD+ 18×9 display optimized for outdoor use with a touchscreen that can be used with wet fingers or when wearing gloves
- Android 10 (with an upgrade to 11)
- 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD)
- Mediatek Helio A20 MT 6761D chipset, 1.8GHz quad-core processor
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera
- LTE Cat 6, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- Textured, extra grip design
- Programmable Shortcut Key useful for Push to Talk (PTT), SOS (Lone worker app), or to easily launch its torch or camera
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- 3.5mm audio jack (waterproof)
- Curated apps and content catalog
- Dual SIM – Nano-SIM + microSD
- 2-year warranty
- Android Enterprise support
- Security updates cover for 3 years
- Zero-touch support
The Cat S42 smartphone has an MSRP of £229 and will be available to buy via www.catphones.com and multiple retailers and operators.