We all are pretty much familiar with the annual Spring Clean which enables us to clear out and freshen up the home for summer. However, what most people do not realise is the worth of an Autumn Clean.
If you want to have a healthy home environment through the winter season, an Autumn Clean is necessary. Here are some expert tips from LG Electronics which will help you deep clean your home for the coming winter:
- As the temperature is pretty low in winters while the heating inside homes is on blast, it is very damaging for the fabric in the sense that it becomes a haven for germs, bacteria, mould and dust mites that thrive in warm winter environments. To get rid of them, max temperature hot washes are done but they can seriously damage the fabrics. In such cases, steam is the best option for a gentle clean.
- The sofa covers are often filled with food spills and crumbs which inevitably attract pests and bugs. The best way to get rid of them is to wash the covers in a steam wash to get rid of the organic waste
- Our beds are the places where we spend the most time within our homes. We often clean the bedding but what we don’t clean often is our duvets. Now going to the dry cleaner for this can be costly but it is also vital to get rid of all the dead skin cells and sweat that accumulate in these materials in order to reduce the risk of allergies and colds. With smart steam wardrobes like LG’s Styler now available for home, there is no need to go to the dry cleaner to deep clean your duvet
- Moisture build-up is a major problem in households during the winter. It is recommended to use a tumble dryer and opening the windows whenever possible so wet clothes aren’t exacerbating the dampness indoors
- Frosting in the freezer is another key issue which not only reduces freezer space but also makes it less efficient. Make sure you defrost it and not use any sharp objects. You can also get a frost-free refrigerator in order to save yourself the job every year.
With convenience and innovative solutions at the heart of its Home Appliances, LG Electronics has developed a range of products that make light work of the Autumn Deep Clean, Spring Clean, and everything else in between:
The LG Styler helps users care for their clothes in an innovative way. It is a steam clothing care system that comes packed with the LG TrueStream technology eliminating over 99.9 percent of the germs and bacteria found in clothing and homes furnishings as certified by the British Allergy Foundation – ideal for ensuring hygiene and health during the winter season.
The LG TrueStream Technology is not only limited to the Styler but also expands to the washing machine range such as the FH4G1BCS2 which also comes packed with the Turbowash technology for a thorough yet gentle wash in just 39 minutes. It has also been awarded the British Allergy Foundation Seal of Approval
Then comes the LG Eco Hybrid FDV909S 9Kg Heat Pump Tumble Dryer that has been awarded the Green Product Certificate by TUV as recognition of its energy efficiency. Low-temperature heat pump technology reduces shrinkage and takes gentle care of delicate garments and it’s WiFi-enabled with LG SmartThinQ so you can set cycles and download new programs from your smartphone.
The LG DoorCooling GBB92STAXP Fridge Freezer was labeled ‘the highest-scoring fridge freezer we’ve tested’ by Which? and is perfect for helping consumers maintain even cooling with precise temperature control, helping prevent frost build-up.