Many developing parts of the world are running out of water. This gave birth to a groundbreaking handheld device that instantly turns seawater into fresh drinking water and it only costs £47. It is also extremely lightweight as it weighs less than a bag of sugar. For people who buy it during the first 30 days of sale get it at a reduced price from Indiegogo.
The Quench Sea based in London is the world’s only low-cost portable seawater desalination device making it the ideal companion for outdoor enthusiasts – from sailors to campers and survivalists to travelers. It allows you to make up to two liters of palatable water per hour. All of this is achievable with the workings of a manual handled-powered unit that fits into a small bag. The delivery for the device is expected to start in February 2021.
It is an incredible alternative to boiling seawater to make it drinkable. The device is extremely convenient, safe, and affordable all at the same time. All you have to do is pump it for as long as you need to provide the volume of clean water you want. The maintenance of the device is also economical as it is incredibly durable. It is hard-wearing and reusable and the only thing you would have to replace is the filters for which the time period varies according to usage.
You won’t only be able to convert seawater into drinking water but every Quench Sea order will also help to save the lives of others. The company behind the device has made a promise to donate an additional device for use by humanitarian water aid partners for every unit sold. This has been promised as part of its ambitious vision to solve the global water crisis.
Lee King, CEO of Hydro Wind Energy, the company behind Quench Sea commented:
‘Whilst Quench Sea is the product of hundreds of thousands of hours developing solutions to help solve the world’s water crisis, we soon realized that its weight, dimensions, and cost also make it an ideal product for the adventurer market.’
Key features include:
- A glass of water in just 5 minutes
- Filters out salt, microbes (bacteria and viruses) and microplastics
- Easy to carry, lightweight (600g – confirm – <1KG)
- Size of a conventional iron – should fit in a backpack/rucksack
- Hand operated, no batteries, no electricity
- Guaranteed 2 Liters per hour (but up to to 3 in optimal conditions)
- Super cheap membrane replacement = $10 (hopefully recyclable)
- Springwater taste achieved with activated charcoal
- Rich in healthy minerals
- Minimum equivalent 8 Glasses of water per hour (8 x 240ml = 1,920ml or 1.9 litres)
- The membrane has a lifetime depending on different influence factors such as pressure, throughput, and the quality of water. Membrane specifications say it can last up to 1 year or 18,000 liter
- Integrated water storage/container and cup
Quench Sea has a hydraulic system which it combines with triple pre-filtration and a small reverse osmosis membrane to desalinate seawater into freshwater using manual human power. At sea or on the coast, it converts seawater into clean fresh drinking water instantly.