PowerUP Toys has unveiled its latest PowerUP 4.0 smartphone-controlled paper airplane kit. It comes equipped with a new onboard flight computer. Moreover, there has been an addition of two entirely new sensors. The motors have been boosted up to provide 10 times the flying ease. There are two motors in total and it includes mesmerizing LED lights to locate in the dark.
PowerUP Toys already has a successful lineup of paper airplane kits and PowerUP 4.0 is an addition to it. The lineup now includes the following:
- the DART aerobatic smartphone-controlled paper airplane
- the FPV live streaming paper airplane
- the 3.0 smartphone-controlled paper airplane.
- The 4.0 smartphone controlled airplane (latest)
Some of the features are:
- Flight Assist – easier aerobatics, launch assist, and wind stabilizer
- Autopilot aerobatics – loops, barrel rolls, and hammerheads
- Flight telemetry and stats – will guide you on how to improve your flying and building skills
- Indestructible heavy-duty carbon fiber body with nylon reinforced nose and motor mount
- One full year warranty
- Replaceable parts like battery, bumper and front clips
- Stunning night flight – optional LED lights
- Improved landing gear
- Bluetooth smart control with a range of up to 230 ft.
- Quick Micro USB charging – 25 mins
- So small and light you don’t need to register it with the FAA
What’s special about it
PowerUP 4.0 is powerful enough that you can fly paper, cardboard, balsa, and foam. It might sound funny but you can even fly lettuce with it. It has autopilot mode with which you won’t have to worry about the plane in the air and can move your attention away from it. Moreover, it has an onboard flight computer gyro and accelerometer with fly by wire capability, and flight telemetry stats. The propellers have the ability to produce double the power and more maneuverability. PowerUP has given its customers the option to choose an LED lights version of the kit that is made specifically for flying at night and landing gear for making taking off and landing smoother than ever before.
Here are some of the dominant specifications:
- Length: 8.6 in/220 mm
- Weight: 19 grams 2:1 thrust to weight ratio
- Speed: up to 20 mph
- Flight time: 10 minutes per full charge
- Battery: 150 lipo quick charge – replaceable
- Input voltage: 5V standard Micro USB
- Range: Up to 230 feet
Pricing and Availability
The PowerUP 4.0 is available for preorder at http://kck.st/2PS3urM, with prices starting at $49.