HMD has announced five new Nokia phones. Two of the phones include the new Nokia 7.2 with an incredible 48MP triple camera lens featuring ZEISS optics and the Nokia 6.2 which features an absolutely beautiful PureDisplay that meets an advanced triple camera setup powered by A experiences. Both phones bring to the users a true class-defining experience.
Moreover, the company has extended its hand to new networks and market categories. The Nokia 800 offers a Tough smartphone which is the first rugged Nokia phone ever. It has set up new standards in the market for durability and battery life. Furthermore, it includes modern tech such as the Google Assistant, 4G compatibility and much more. Next comes the Nokia 2720 Flip which has a compact form factor but goes back to the traditional look of a flip phone bringing back nostalgic feelings for the users. Lastly, the Nokia 110 is all about entertainment at an affordable amount.
Nokia 7.2 and 6.2 specifications and features:
- Display: Nokia 7.2 and 6.2 both come with a 6.3-inch FHD+ PureDisplay screen with waterdrop notch and HDR support.
- Processor: The Nokia 7.2 is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 660 chipset, while the Nokia 6.2 gets a Snapdragon 636 SoC.
- RAM: Nokia 7.2 is offered in 4GB and 6GB RAM options. Nokia 6.2 comes in 3GB and 4GB RAM variants.
- Internal storage: Nokia 7.2 offers 64GB and 128GB internal storage depending on the RAM and the Nokia 6.2 comes with 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB storage options. Both devices support storage expandability via microSD card (up to 512GB).
- Battery: Both smartphones house a 3,500mAh battery
- The Nokia 7.2 and 6.2 bring a new design language and look quite different from their predecessors. They not only come with Gorilla Glass 3 on the front and back but also get edge-to-edge waterdrop displays. In addition to offering a premium glass design, HMD has also used a polymer composite material for the frame which stronger than polycarbonate and lighter than aluminum.
- Both smartphones also come with PureDisplay screens. Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 6.2 also tout triple rear cameras, which is a first for their respective series. The Nokia 7.2, in particular, highlights a high-resolution 48MP sensor that uses Samsung’s 48-megapixel GM1 sensor. The camera setup also includes a wide-angle lens and depth sensor that has been seen on many Samsung mid-range phones this year. The 7.2 model also gets Zeiss optics and new portrait mode with Zeiss bokeh styles.
- Both the Nokia 7.2 and 6.2 are part of the Android One program, which means they will receive regular security updates for three years and at least two major Android OS versions. The phones ship with stock Android 9 Pie and are Android 10-ready.
- The Nokia 7.2 and 6.2 pack a 3,500mAh battery capacity, which the company says can last up to two days on a single charge. The Nokia 6.2 is offered in Ceramic Black and Ice colors, while the Nokia 7.2 comes in Cyan Green, Charcoal and Ice color options.
Nokia 800 Tough
Nokia says that the Nokia 800 is built for durability. It is designed for heavy-duty usage, it can resist water, dust, accidental drops and even extreme temperatures. The phone comes with an IP68 rating. Nokia 800 Tough also has 4G LTE. The phone comes preloaded with WhatsApp and Facebook. It comes with Google Assistant as well.
The Nokia 800 Tough is powered by the Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform. It has 512MB RAM and 4GB of internal storage, which can be expanded up to 32GB with a microSD card. It comes with a 2100mAh battery. It runs KaiOS as well.
Nokia 2720 Flip
The Nokia 2720 Flip is powered by Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform and has a removable 1500mAh battery. It runs KaiOS. The phone comes with 512MB RAM and 4GB of internal storage, which can be expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card. It comes with preloaded with Facebook and WhatsApp. Also, it comes with both 4G and internet sharing capabilities and Google Assistant.
The Nokia 110 is a basic feature phone. It comes with the “fan favorite” Snake game, plus four try-and-buy games (Ninja Up, Airstrike, Penalty Cup, Doodle Jump). The phone offers up to 14 hours of talk time on a single charge.
The Nokia 110 runs Nokia Series 30+. It has 4MB ROM and 4MB RAM. However, there is an option to expand the memory by up to 32GB using a microSD card slot. The phone has a removable 800mAh battery.
Availability and pricing:
- The Nokia 7.2 comes in Cyan Green, Charcoal and Ice, in 4GB/64GB and 6GB/64GB memory variants, priced at 299/349 Euros respectively, available from the end of September.
- The Nokia 6.2 comes in Ceramic Black and Ice, in 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB memory variants, priced at 199/249 Euros respectively, available from October.
- The Nokia 800 Tough comes in Black Steel and Desert Sand and will be available in early October, priced at 109 Euros.
- The Nokia 2720 Flip comes in Ocean Blue, Black, and Pink, and will be available in September, priced at 89 Euros.
- The Nokia 110 will be available in Ocean Blue, Black and Pink starting mid-September and will retail at $20 globally.
- The Nokia Power Earbuds will become in Charcoal Black and Light Grey and will be available from October, retailing at 79 Euros.