HMD Global has released its launch plan for the Android 10 surfacing the Nokia smartphone family. According to the rollout plan, Android 10 will be made accessible to the Nokia smartphone family starting from Q4 2019. The software upgrade along with the latest Android features and experiences will get under the fingers of Nokia users.
Juho Sarvikas, Chief Product Officer, HMD Global said: “With a proven track record in delivering software updates fast, Nokia smartphones were the first whole portfolio to benefit from a 2-letter upgrade from Android Nougat to Android Oreo and then Android Pie. We were the fastest manufacturer to upgrade from Android Oreo to Android Pie across the range. And with today’s rollout plan we look set to do it even faster for Android Pie to Android 10 upgrades. We are the only manufacturer 100% committed to having the latest Android across the entire portfolio. Thank you to everyone in our Beta programs who help to build on our unique Android promise and ensure your Nokia phone experience just keeps getting better.”
HMD Global has promised a 2 years OS upgrades and 3 years of security upgrades privilege to the Nokia smartphone owners which are great benefits.
The rollout plan is as follows:
- Nokia 7.1, Nokia 8.1 and Nokia Pure View will receive the Android 10 updates somewhere in the middle of Q4 2019.
- Nokia 6.1, Nokia 6.1 Plus and Nokia 7 Plus are expected to receive Android 10 updates at the beginning of Q1 2020.
- Nokia 2.2, Nokia 3.2, Nokia 3.2 Plus and Nokia 4.2 are expected to receive the Android 10 updates near the half of Q1 2020
- Nokia 1, Nokia 5.1 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco are expected to receive Android 10 updates in the second half of Q1 2020
- Nokia 2.1, Nokia 3.1, Nokia 5.1 and Nokia 1 are expected to receive Android 10 updates somewhere in the Middle of Q2 2020.
No official dates are out and exact rollout dates may vary due to local variances and operator approvals.