Recently, we have seen a huge burst in the amount of Bluetooth speakers available. A lot of them offer decent sound, but not all offer a complete outdoor package. The VAVA VOOM 23 Bluetooth speakers offer a great sound in a rugged package that is rated to IPX6.
VAVA VOOM 23 – Features
- Long Lasting 24 Hour Playtime: Enduring 5200mAh battery streams your tunes or phone calls for the whole day with the wireless speaker set at 80% volume. We found this time to be closer to 8 hours in our tests at around full volume.
- Made to Outlast the Adventure: Rubberized rugged build withstands shocks, drops, and wear and tear; included carabiner provides a secure, convenient way to hook and go
- Weatherproof Construction: Resilient IPX6 build protects the Bluetooth speaker from dust, sand, and the accidental splash of water
- Loud Voice for Outdoors: Boosts clear, powerful audio when camping, picnicking, at pool parties, and all your outdoor activities
- Crammed with Features: Wide buttons for volume control and track selection are easy to identify and press; connects via Bluetooth 4.1 for up to 33 ft / 10 m of operation or with the 3.5 mm AUX port; emits clear, crisp audio for hands-free calls
In the box
•1 x VAVA VOOM 23 Bluetooth Speaker
•1 x Micro USB Charging Cable
•1 x 3.5 mm Audio Cable
•1 x Carabiner
•1 x User Guide
Look and feel
On the internet, it is hard to judge the size of things. At 3.27 x 7.91 x 2.2 cm and only around half a kilo, this is a lot smaller and lighter than I thought it would be. The rugged look gives you the notion that it will be bigger than it is.
Designed almost like a brick, you have the speaker grill on the side and good tactile buttons up top. The buttons are probably my favourite feature. You get way too many products that come with flimsy buttons.
The side contains a flap that hides a 3.5mm socket as well as a micro USB port for charging. The flap needs to be closed to ensure that it is indeed IPX6 rated.
I will start off with the battery life. It promises 24 hours on 80% volume. However, it is hard to judge the volume percentage with a device such as this. I can tell you that at full volume, you get around 8 hours of high adrenaline music.
The setup is pretty much the same as all Bluetooth speakers. Turn it on, look for it on your phone/tablet, select to pair and you’re good to go.
The sound is pretty decent. The sound is pretty punchy for the small size (and cost) of the device. Louder volumes do not produce distortion, which is a welcome touch.
It is sold as an outdoor speaker. The sound is loud enough for those who are huddled near it, but don’t expect it to be loud enough across a field or a stadium.
It is sold as a beach/park speaker, and I feel that those purposes it fulfils.
UK Customers can get a further £7 quid off by using the code XMGZI2AW till the end of this year.
Since we love all of you, we are giving away a couple of these to our readers in the UK or US.
Use the widget below to enter:
Good luck 🙂