We have looked at Data Recovery Wizard software from EaseUS in the past. It offers you an easy way to recover any lost data on your PC and Mac. This features some of the following features:
- Accidental Deletion
- Formatted Hard drive
- Hard Drive Failure
- Virus attack
- System crash
- Partition loss
- Other cases
While the use cases are reasonably easy to think of, in light of the latest risks such as WannaCry and Petya this year, it is only obvious that you’d like to have a data recovery software such as this with you.
What’s new in version 11.8
- Adds Image Recognizer to filter the found pictures by content.
- You can recover Canon camera video files(.mov) more efficiently.
- Improved the recovery quality of deleted files on NTFS partition.
- Support searching for a folder by name after scanning.
- Optimized the UI to provide better user experiences.
Ease of Use
The whole philosophy of this software is designed around ease of use. It allows you to recover your data in the following steps:
- Choose the location (or media) you want to recover your data from. This could be a hard drive, a USB Stick or even a device such as a camera.
- Perform a scan to see what you want to recover. This could be a quick scan to save time, or a deep one to find more information. Your results can also be imported or exported.
- From the scanned results, decide what you want to recover. Pick and choose as you like, as well as preview the files you want before you recover them.
Three version of the software are available.
A free version allows you to recover up to 2GB of data, with all use cases and all file types. You are also able to export or import your scanned results.
A Pro version, which costs $69.95 (down from $89.95) allows unlimited data recovery. It also offers the following extra features:
- Free lifetime upgrades
- Free lifetime technical support
A PRO + Win PE version, which costs $99.95 (down from $149.95) allows all the above plus lets you create bootable media as well.
More information on this recovery software by EaseUS can be found on their website.