TEAC is a well known name from Japan among audiophiles. They have just announced the latest addition to their Reference 501 seperates-based mini component hi-fi system, the AX-501.
· Compact footprint, fits your desktop
· Class-D power amplifier delivering 2 x 120 W
· XLR Balanced input terminals (for USB DACs such as UD-501)
· Fully-balanced circuitry to eliminate unwanted analogue circuit noise
· CCLC System for high linearity headphone output
· Large capacity toroidal power transformer
· No cooling fan so completely silent operation
· Solid aluminum panels for front, top and sides.
A small size, with a powerful set of amplifiers set this apart from the other options available. Sharing the same footprint and outershell as the other parts in the range, this fits in perfectly. What is more, it may be powerful but still does not need any cooling fans! You have plenty of sockets for all kinds of connectivity, and special emphasis has been given to people who want to listen to headphones.
This will be available from late December, 2013, and will cost £849.99.