SwitchBot are great at making awesome home solutions. The SwitchBot Hub 2 takes the best of some of their previous devices and combines it into a one-stop solution.
Switchbot Hub 2 – Features
Some of its top features are:
- Smart temperature and humidity sensor. It works accurately thanks to their Swiss-made sensor, and shows them on the large LED screen.
- Also built-in is a light sensor to monitor light conditions at home.
- Built-in WiFi to allow you to monitor conditions from anywhere in the world.
- Built-in Infrared Remote, with smart learning, allows you take all your remotes and consolidate them into this singular device. It isn’t just limited to the likes of TVs and speakers. It even does lights, air conditioners, and so much more.
- You can even mix it up with voice commands using your smart devices and even your Apple Watch.
- You can create scenes and geo-fencing, which means it can perform certain actions based on light, temperature or humidity settings, and trigger certain things.
- Also included are two smart buttons which can be programmed to trigger actions such as home automations.
- Comes with a mains power supply and associated cable.
- Integrates with rest of the SwitchBot items.
The setup is really quick. Just use your SwitchBot app to add the device to it once on, and it turns up there.
After that, you will be able to see the time and temperature, and you can also add any remotes you’d like to add there, as well as assign controls to the on/off buttons on the device.
Once setup, you can go to the app and make any changes. The app will let you add IR appliances, set up scenes for the buttons, or simply access history of temperature and humidity for the log.
The temperature and humidity is also visible in big and bright numbers, so it makes it easy to see.
Apart from that, you can use the app to use it like an IR remote, and you can add almost any device from its database. If the device doesn’t exist, you can simply add it by programming it, which is a very handy feature.
More information on the SwitchBot Hub 2 can be found on the SwitchBot website. It currently retails for £79.99 and you can buy it via their website.