Oclean X10 is the latest offering from Oclean, a smart tooth brush company. While the electric toothbrush world already has a few major players, there isn’t as much competition as some other industries. Oclean fit in nicely with all this in mind, offering their own unique take on the electric toothbrush, offering smart feedback on your brushing, mixed with an incredibly long battery life.
Oclean X10 – Features
- Features a coloured screen for smart feedback:
- Emoji based toothbrushing feedback.
- Smart toothbrushing feedback, based on brushing plan, that automatically detects if you have missed certain parts of your mouth.
- Ultra quiet, with below 45 dB sound.
- Pressure sensor to protect your teeth and gums.
- Charges via USB C, and to full in 3 hours.
- 5 brushing modes – Clean, Massage, Sensitive, Whitening, Polish
- Battery life: up to 60 days
- SMART & INTERACTIVE DISPLAY – Emoji toothbrushing feedback. Visualised brushing feedback report. Brushing plan.
- ULTRA QUIET BRUSHING – WhisperClean technology controls noice under 45 dB. Reduces noise for people nearby.
- PERFECT PRESSURE – Pressure sensor protects your teeth and gums. Toothbrush stops working when you are brushing too hard.
- QUICK CHARGING – Type-C charing design. 60 days guaranteed after 3h-quick charge. Limits the need for frequent charging.
- PERSONALISED BRUSHING – 5 Modes (Clean, Massage, Sensitive, Whitening, Polish). 5 cleaning speeds for each mode, which helps your brushing style.
- Item weight: 110.0 grams
- Movement Type: Vibrate
In the box
- Oclean X10 tooth brush handle
- Brush Head
- USB C cable
- Magnetic wall mount
The brushing experience
The brushing experience is a bit different if you’re used to a standard Oral-B tooth brush. This one is ‘sonic’ meaning the vibrations are faster but gentler. This makes the device easier to use and quieter. A win on both accounts.
The head feels a bit harder to touch, but when brushing this isn’t really the case, as it feels gentle on the gums and teeth.
The 5 different modes are a nice touch, but in practice, hardly ever get used, but that’s just me.
My favourite feature is the smart feedback that tells you if you have missed a quadrant. The emojis are a nice touch. I like how the feedback is instant, and it is there to see straight away.
The pressure sensor is a bit funny, as in it turns the brush off if you go hard, but has no other feedback. A light would have been useful, as an abrupt turn off feels like there is something wrong or the battery has run out.
Charging and battery life
The device charges via a USB C port on the bottom of the device, hidden behind a waterproof protective case. A couple of o-rings will ensure that no water goes in under normal use.
Once charged, this promises to offer 60 days of use. I haven’t quite got there yet, but it is fair to say that in the over a month of use I have had, it hasn’t faltered.
More information on the Oclean X10 can be found on their website.
It is available via the website, or through online retailers such as Amazon.
It is available in 3 colours (blue, grey and pink), and at the time of writing, was £84.99.
Replacement heads (pack of 4) cost around £20.
A great idea for those who are on the move or don’t like lugging the charger around, and good to see the improving battery life of technology around us applied to this as well.
The replacement heads are a bit expensive, and unlike the competition, there aren’t any cheap options, but that is up to you.
Overall, a great toothbrush.