Switchbot have a great array of IOT products, which go from simple things like temperature monitors and curtain opening robots, all the way to items that turn switches on and off. The Switchbot Pan Tilt Cam is one of their latest offerings in the world of IoT offerings, including great features like motion tracking.
Switchbot Pan Tilt Cam – Features
- Clear 1080P Picture: SwitchBot Pan/Tilt Cam displays 24/7 live stream video in full 1080p HD even when mounted in reverse to the ceiling.
- It can pan/tilt 360° horizontally and 115° vertically.
- Tracking activity moves the camera with any movement, be that human or cat.
- Instant App Notifications: The camera records video when motion is detected and sends an alert to your phone. Using the video playback feature, you can stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app.
- The 8 infrared LEDs allows you to see every detail in darkness.
- Two-Way Audio: The built-in microphone and speaker allow you to see, hear, and speak to anyone who passes by via the Wi-Fi camera (only support 2.4G WiFi) with live view and two-way audio features.
- Through the SwitchBot app, you can see who’s at your front door and how’s your baby doing.
- Privacy Protection: This camera supports up to 128GB SD card local storage (SD card not included) and cloud storage. It transmits data via a secure channel with HTTPS technology, no data will be shared publicly through the Internet and no other devices can access your camera.
- Works with Alexa & SwitchBot: You can use your voice to control this security camera. Set up with SwitchBot Hub Mini (sold separately), you can also create home automation with other SwitchBot products in hand.
The setup is fairly simple and happens through the Switchbot app. To run one of these cameras, you need a working WiFi connection running at 2.4GHz. The app can then add the camera to your app, and from there you can adjust any settings such as night vision, motion detection, motion tracking, etc.
The device offers a fairly clear HD picture. The image itself has a bit of a fish eye effect, as the device features a wide-angle camera, but that is common for such devices.
It is fairly clear and bright at night too, even though it is in black and white, which is normal for such devices.
My favourite feature on this device is motion tracking. Not only can this device trigger a notification if it sees movement in the area of interest, but it also allows follows any moving entity (human or cat) as it moves along its field of view.
The only annoying aspect is that when it moves, the motors that move it are quite loud, so can be very annoying to keep that aspect active under normal use.
SD card or cloud
The best part is that you can pop in a 128GB card, and record everything that is happening, or just events. Annoyingly, it doesn’t allow you both. However, when the card is full, you can quickly format it.
Cloud storage is also available, but needs a subscription.
More information for the SwitchBot Pan/Tilt Cam can be found on the SwitchBot website. You can also buy it directly from there, and in fact, for now, if you go direct, you can get this for only £29.99.
You can also find it on the likes of Amazon.