Astell&Kern brought in the A&norma line of products to offer consumers audio players that are designed to be an industry standard to playback high-resolution audio in a stunning, high-end, luxurious design and reproduce sound as it was intended by the artist and engineer who originally recorded it, at an affordable price. The SR25 arrives in a stylish Silver Moon finish and now a brand new, striking Black Edition.
The SR25 has been brought into the market as the successor of the award-winning A&norma SR15 player. As a result, it also supports native playback of DSD256 and 32-bit/384KHz PCM high-resolution audio.
It packs inside two Cirrus Logic 43198 MasterClass DACs in dual-mono configuration like the SR15. However, it adds a number of new features as well including a faster Quad-core CPU and newly designed circuitry to improve sound quality enhancements.
For the first time ever, Astell&Kern has included LDAC Bluetooth support in its audio player. It allows users to wirelessly stream 24-bit hi-res audio to compatible speakers, headphones or IEMs. There has also been an incredible improvement in playback time. The SR25 now provides 20+ hours of continuous music playback. This is twice the time we got on the predecessor, SR15. Moreover, the playback time is also longer than any other Astell&Kern player.
SR25’s unique design balances user convenience with aesthetic factors. It features an aluminium body with an ultra-precision volume wheel machined with a vibration-free process used for luxury watches. The aluminium body suppresses noise and improves sound quality, while the thin-bodied design allows the user to easily hold and operate the 3.6-inch touchscreen display with one hand.
“The SR25 is a new premium product that brings the philosophy of Astell&Kern to provide music the way it was meant to be heard, without compromise to an affordable, high-quality player, with a luxury design that has received international award recognition,” said Baek Chang-Hum, Director of Dreamus, parent company of Astell&Kern.
The Astell & Kern A&norma SR25 is available now, priced £649.
A&norma SR25 Specifications:
- Body material: Aluminium
- Finishes: Moon Silver and Onyx Black
- Dimensions: 2.5″ (63.5mm) [W] x 4.26″ (108.3mm) [H] x 0.63″ (16.1mm) [D]
- Weight: 6.27 oz (178g)
- Display: 3.6 inch (720 x 1280) Touch Display
- Supported audio formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- Sample rate: PCM: 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per sample) / DSD Native: DSD64 (1bit/2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1bit/5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256 (1bit/11.2MHz), Stereo
- Power output: Balance 4V, Unbalance 2V
- CPU: Quad-core
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS43198 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32-bit/384kHz bit-to-bit playback
- Input: USB Type-C (PC and Mac)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptX HD, LDAC)
- Battery capacity: 3150 mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Internal memory: 64 GB
- External memory: microSD (max. 1 TB)