Vlog Camera ZV-1
Sony has announced its all-new pocket-sized vlog camera, the ZV-1. The pocket-sized description is due to its compact design which allows it to be extremely lightweight. It has been put into form keeping in mind the content creators and vloggers. It brings together a wonderful combination of easy to use features and uncompromising imaging technology
“Sony’s new ZV-1 was purpose-built to meet the needs and demands of today’s video creators,” said Yann Salmon Legagneur, Director of Product Marketing, Digital Imaging, Sony Europe. “This camera is the result of direct feedback from our extended community who do not want to compromise with hybrid products, so we have designed this new model for those who put content creation first. It features an innovative design and introduces many new technologies, settings, and modes that allow creators to make content in ways they have never been able to before. The ZV-1 aims to let the subject shine in any environment. Every single feature is optimized for any type of creator’s daily vlogging.”
The image sensor in the ZV-1 is the 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS CMOS. This is packed along with the DRAM chip and 24-70mm[i] F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* large-aperture lens. All of these features combined allow the camera to create a beautiful background bokeh (background blur). As a result, professional vlogs can be recorded as the subject is stood out from the rest of the background. The locking and tracking of the subject are also done at a very fast speed with the aid of Sony’s leading-edge autofocus system.
Class-Leading AV Features
Despite the small form factor, there is a multitude of pro-level movie-making capabilities, including:
- 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning in high bit-rate XAVC S codec.[vii]
- Industry-standard 3.5mm microphone input
- Hybrid Log-Gamma (HDR)[viii] / S-Gamut3.Cine / S-Log3, S-Gamut3 / S-Log3
- Interval Shooting[ix] for stunning time-lapse videos[x]
- Super Slow-Motion[xi] recording at up to 1000fps[xii]
- Compatibility with ‘Movie Edit add-on’[xiii] from the “Imaging Edge” mobile application for image stabilization [xiv] while editing Highlight ability to edit aspect ratios for IG etc.
Pricing and Availability
The Vlog Camera ZV-1 will be available in Europe in June 2020, priced at approximately €800.
Another product announced by Sony is the new 4K Handycam. The Handycam brings in a multitude of top-class features including an acclaimed in-built gimbal mechanism, Balanced Optical SteadyShot technology, for capturing smooth, natural, and high-quality video footage. It has been put into form for content creators and vloggers. It is a great companion to record while on the go as well in your home studio.
The FDR-AX43implements some of Sony’s most advanced imaging technologies including:
- Balanced Optical SteadyShot with a unique in-built-gimbal mechanism for smooth footage while walking, running or at full zoom
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* zoom lens with wide-angle of 26.8mm[xvii]
- 20x optical zoom and Clear Image Zoom of 30x for 4K / 40x for HD[xviii]
- 1/2.5-type Exmor R™ CMOS image sensor[xix] and BIONZ X™image processing engine delivering excellent image quality, even in low-light conditions
- High-bitrate shooting (100Mbps for XAVC S™ 4K, 50Mbps for XAVC S HD)[xx]
- Fast Intelligent AF for quick and precise subject capture
- Microphone structure with three mic capsules sound gathering for advanced sound quality[xxi]
- Flip-screen for selfie shooting
- Long battery life (Up to 235 mins continuous recording time with the supplied battery) and power supply from AC adaptor
- New Highlight Movie Maker which creates short movies[xxii] in-camera in 4K or HD resolution without any need for post-production editing. Easily share MP4 movies on social media sites via smartphone.
Pricing and Availability
The FDR-AX43 will be available in Europe in July 2020, priced at approximately €700.