If you’re an Android user looking for a new smartphone during the summer, look no further, as Samsung has announced the brand new Galaxy A21s as the latest addition to the Galaxy series. The new handset is a much more affordable device for those looking for intelligence and power from their phone, with a long-lasting battery, a large Infinity-O display that looks bright and punchy, and a lower price to tempt you over.
“The Galaxy A21s offers must-have features at an affordable price,” said Conor Pierce, Corporate Vice-President of Samsung UK & Ireland. “From 5G to best-in-class display, we are committed to bringing innovation to our Galaxy A Series portfolio, ensuring we can offer the best mobile experience no matter what your budget is”.
The Galaxy A21s is a budget offering that packs in a 6.5-inch HD+ (720 x 1600) Infinity-O display. Powering the device is an unspecified octa-core SoC clocked at 2.0GHz, coupled with 3GB, 4GB or 6GB RAM and 32/64GB onboard storage.
In the camera department, the Galaxy A21s features a quad-camera setup on the back with a 49MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide sensor, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro camera. Over on the front, the device has a single 13MP selfie camera housed in the hole-punch cutout in the top left corner of the device.
The device has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and it packs in a massive 5,000mAh battery with support 15W fast charging. On the software front, the device runs Samsung’s One UI skin based on Android 10.
- Impressive 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display which is almost the same size as Samsung Galaxy A31
- Display resolution of 720 by 1600 pixels with a pixel density of up to 270 pixels per inch
- The screen is large enough and comes with a screen-to-body ratio of 82.8%.
- The phone comes with the latest operating system currently with the One UI 2.0 user interface based on the Android 10 operating system
- The device comes supported by a new processor, Exynos 850 octa-core
- The phone comes in three versions with different configurations: 3 + 32 GB, 4 + 64 GB, 6 + 64 GB
- The internal storage space is expandable via a Micro SD card slot
- The phone comes with a four-way setup for the back camera like the grand, It consists of four lenses with accuracy: 48 + 8 + 2 + 2 MP respectively
- The camera comes with impressive features like LED flash, panorama, and HDR
- The rear camera is also capable of recording 1080p video
- The front camera comes with 13MP resolution with the ability to shoot 1080p video as well
- The phone maintains a 3.5 mm port for the headphone and comes with a speakerphone
- The device is powered by a 5000 mAh lithium polymer battery, like the one on Samsung Galaxy M11
- There is support for 15W fast charging which is especially rare in this price category
- The fingerprint sensor behind the screen is very fast and will enable you to unlock the phone in just a few moments
- The phone is available in color options: black, white, red, blue
Pricing and availability
The Galaxy A21s will be available to order from 19th June in Black, White, and Blue, with prices starting from £179.00. The device will be available from Samsung channels and select partners in the UK.
Between now and 31st December, six-month access to Spotify Premium will be available with purchases of eligible A-Series devices through Samsung channels and UK retailers.