Amazon today announced the next generation of its Fire HD 8 tablet lineup, designed with the entire family in mind: the all-new Fire HD 8, Fire HD 8 Plus, and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition.
“The new Fire HD 8 tablets offer the features that everyone in the family wants – great content, more storage, longer battery life – at a price that is incredibly affordable,” said Eric Saarnio, Vice President, Amazon Devices EU. “We’ve made the all-new Fire HD 8 even better with faster performance, 32GB of internal storage, up to 12 hours of battery life, and easier charging with USB-C—all for only £89.99. For only £20 more, the Fire HD 8 Plus packs even more power with 50% more RAM, hassle-free wireless charging, and three months of Kindle Unlimited included. With access to millions of movies, TV shows, books, songs, magazines, Alexa, and more— Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus are the perfect tablets for entertainment.”
The All-New Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus: Built for Entertainment
The all-new Fire HD 8 includes:
- Beautiful display – Featuring a vibrant 8” 1280 x 800 high definition display with over one million pixels.
- New faster processor – Now 30% faster with a 2.0 GHz quad-core processor and 2GB RAM to easily multi-task when watching movies, playing games, and browsing the web.
- Now even more storage – With options for 32GB or 64GB of internal storage and support for up to 1TB of expandable storage via microSD. Plus, enjoy free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire tablets.
- New longer battery life – Up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life for browsing the web, watching videos, listening to music, and more.
- New easier charging – Comes with USB-C for easy charging in less than 5 hours.
- Introducing Game Mode – A distraction-free optimized gaming experience that lets you focus on your game without interference from notifications.
- Wide selection of content – Access to millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle eBooks, magazines, apps, and games. Watch downloaded videos anywhere with Prime Video, Disney+, or Netflix subscriptions. Discover content that keeps you and your family entertained, connected, and informed on the #AtHome destination on Fire Tablets.
- Stay connected – Download an app, such as Zoom, or ask Alexa to make a video call, to keep in touch with family and friends using your Fire HD 8.
The all-new Fire HD 8 is available for pre-order today, starting at £89.99 at www.amazon.co.uk/firehd8. Fire HD 8 is offered in White, Black, Twilight Blue, and Plum and will begin shipping on the 3rd of June.
The Fire HD 8 Plus comes in a new Slate color, and can be pre-ordered today starting at £109.99 atwww.amazon.co.uk/firehd8plus, and also begins shipping on 3rd June. The Fire HD 8 Plus can also be purchased as a bundle with the all-new Made for Amazon Wireless Charging Dock for £139.98.
Accessory Cases are available for both Fire HD 8 and Fire HD 8 Plus tablets in Twilight Blue, Charcoal Black, Sandstone White, and Plum for £29.99.
All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition: Built from the Ground-Up for Kids
The all-new Fire HD 8 Kids Edition includes the Fire HD 8 tablet with an 8” HD display, 32GB of storage with up to 1TB of expandable storage via microSD, up to 12 hours of mixed-use battery life, and USB-C for reversible charging. It also comes bundled with a kid-proof case with a new adjustable stand in blue, pink, or purple, a two-year worry-free guarantee, and a year of Amazon Fire for Kids —all for £139.99.
The all-new Fire HD 8 Kids Edition is available for pre-order today, starting at £139.99 atwww.amazon.co.uk/firehd8kidsedition and will begin shipping on 3rd June.
After one year, customers can continue their Fire for Kids subscription starting at £1.99 per month for Prime members and £3.99 per month for customers who are not yet Prime members. The subscription can be used on any compatible device, including Fire tablets and Kindle.