Touraj Moghaddam has today announced that all the Vetere DG-1 Dynamic Groove record players which were shipped with cartridges during the last month were supplied with the new Vertere Magneto cartridge fitted and aligned. Magneto has now become the standard fit for the DG-1 package.
Magneto is similar and closely related to the Audio Technica VM520EB cartridge which was originally fitted to the DG-1 and is stylus compatible with the AT VM5x range. Due to this, users hold the ability and option to upgrade to an improved stylus profile when the times comes if they wish to.
It is one feature or potential of the Magneto which allowed for it to be chosen as the ideal starter cartridge. The feature is that it is tolerant of records that are in a less than perfect condition. This is often the case with owners who are returning to vinyl after many years of non-exposure. Magneto, however, is superbly musical and delivers all the qualities one would expect of a Vertere product. Magneto is quiet, dynamic, accurate, and easy to optimize.
Vertere will be publishing a blog and video later in the year discussing the upgrade paths available to DG-1 owners. While the DG-1 is significantly more of a plug and play player than Vertere’s more upscale range Touraj, has already been contacted about suggestions for upgrades. It makes sense to help owners on this path get the best value for their upgrade expenditure.
- Replaceable Stylus
- Integrated Stylus Guard
- Stainless Steel Fixing Bolts, Washer & Hex Thumb Nuts
- Easy Alignment Assist Marking
Key Design Elements
- The Dual Magnet design replicates the structure of the cutter head.
- A ‘V’ form two magnet design mimics the Left & Right channel sides of the groove.
- Permalloy center shield plate provides a higher frequency response with electrical crosstalk typically better than 40dB.
- Magneto utilizes a finely finished Elliptical stylus to ensure outstanding tracking ability and super quiet tracing of the record groove.
- Frequency Response 20 – 23,000Hz
- Channel Separation 27dB (1kHz)
- Output Channel Balance 1.5dB (1kHz)
- Output Voltage 4.5mV (1kHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Vertical Tracking Angle 23˚
- Vertical Tracking Force Range 1.8 – 2.2g (2.0g standard)
- Stylus Shape Elliptical Bonded
- Stylus Size 0.3 x 0.7 mil
- Stylus Construction Bonded Round Shank
- Cantilever Aluminium Tube
- Coil Impedance 2,700 Ohm (1kHz)
- Static Compliance 35 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance 8 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100Hz) ext block