Ever lose track of your friends at a music festival, your family on a hike or ski slopes, or your children when wandering a new city on vacation? LynQ, a new smart people compass that works without smartphones, internet access or mobile, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth networks, is the perfect solution to these issues, and best of all: it’s about to start commercially shipping!
LynQ created lithium battery-powered devices that communicate directly with one another using long-range radio waves. This, combined with GPS-based kinetic positioning tells you where you and your other connected Lynq device friends are located. No cell service or network required.
The clip-on, weather-proof device, which has been military-tested and approved, allows groups of up to 12 to find each other, at their exact location, across miles – even when other technologies fail! It does this through its intuitive compass-like display that allows people to see their relative distance and direction from each other in real-time.
It’s a basic, weather-proof gadget with one single button, allowing you to track up to 12 people at a time. For far-flung travelers or pros on a rescue mission, having peer-to-peer communication that actually works is a pretty big deal. And, at $249 for a pack of two, the product seems ready for prime time.
Useful in Any Outdoor Situation
LynQ is a valuable tool for any outdoor application. This includes helping adventure seekers go off-the-grid and enjoy skiing, hiking, traveling, cycling and more without the need to worry about cell service, maps or phone battery life. Additional use cases include:
- Child safety – Parents can feel comfort in knowing exactly where their children are while allowing them the freedom to explore.
- Special Needs Care – Caretakers and family members can monitor their patients or loved ones that are at risk to wander.
- Public events – From music festivals to sporting events, networks are often overloaded, eliminating cell signal while maps are useless in crowds and without landmarks.
- Disaster relief, first responders and government applications – When locating people is a matter of life and death and infrastructure is destroyed, LynQ is able to save lives.
- Pets – Keeping tabs on pets during hikes or animals in open fields has never been simpler.
Availability & Full Tech Specs
LynQ can withstand any situation with a design and features that include:
- Size – Dimensions: 4” x 2” x 1” Weight: 84g
- Long-range and long-lasting – Range of up to three miles and up to three days in mixed-use.
- Real-time distance and direction – Display shows the distance & direction of every group member at all times.
- Groups – Creates a closed private network for groups of up to 12 people.
- Boundaries and Notifications – Alert system lights up, vibrates and rings the instant a group member or child leaves a user-designated safe zone.
- “Homebase” – “Homebase” locations can easily be set to return to static locations, such as a car, campsite, bike station or landmark.
- Technology – LynQ’s proprietary radio protocols redefine the capabilities of peer-to-peer location.
- Durability – The government-tested device is designed to withstand any climate or situation with its weatherproof and waterproof durability.
- Multi-wear – Includes rugged carabiner clip that can snap onto clothing or gear and can be slipped into a pocket, pack or pouch.
LynQ has begun shipping and is available for purchase today on LynQ’s website. Pricing starts at $249 for a 2-pack. For more information, please visit: lynqme.com.