Finding lost bags, phones, and wallets doesn’t need to be a time-consuming chore. Bluetooth trackers from the likes of Tile, TrackR, and Honey help pinpoint items in seconds flat. Slovenia-based Chipolo is another tracker manufacturer, and a top-selling one to boot, according to Amazon. Like clockwork, ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, it has unveiled a new product — dubbed Chipolo One.
The coin-shaped One — which comes in six colors — features a button that doubles as a camera shutter and notifications that alert owners when the tracker leaves a geofenced area. (Existing Chipolo Card owners will get the out-of-range feature via a software update, the company says.) The One’s speaker reaches up to 120 decibels, and its replaceable battery lasts a quoted two years. Via the Chipolo app, a registered unit can be shared with as many friends and family members as desired and its locations recorded.
Other notable feature updates include:
- Longest Battery Life: Up to two-years replaceable battery
- Louder Sound: A very loud 120dB ring
- Free Out-of-Range Alerts: Notifications remind you to take your belongings
- Free Unlimited Sharing: Unlimited sharing of your device with anyone, registered via the app – useful if you share items like car keys with the family
- Last Known Location: Track your item to where you last had it via the Chipolo app
- Community Search: Mark your item as lost to activate the Lost & Found Network and receive a location update when another Chipolo user comes near your item
- Voice-Controlled: Chipolo is one of two trackers officially supported by Google Assistant. You can also ring Chipolo using your voice, which also works with Amazon Alexa and Siri
- Selfie Button: Double click the Chipolo to take the perfect picture
- Value for money: All for just $25 USD
“We are building products to give each item the power to be found, making people’s lives easier and supporting them in an affordable, collaborative manner. We know from our community that the most misplaced items are extremely valuable wallets, keys and phones; this is why we have updated our product line to enhance the features we offer our customers,” explains Primož Zelenšek, CEO and co-founder of Chipolo.
“The ring tone is louder, which is especially useful if your item is buried under other things, in another room or in a noisy place, and the free out-of-range feature is to show how committed we are in providing value-add services without premium subscription fees. We are the only Bluetooth tracking company to offer this on top of all our other services. Furthermore, we have partnered with several lost and found communities, like Milwaukee, 4iii, Noodle, and Wistiki to advance our Lost & Found Network.
Chipolo ONE is available on 7th January 2020 and is to replace existing products Chipolo CLASSIC and Chipolo PLUS. Customers with the Chipolo CARD will also benefit from the new out-of-range feature. Chipolo products come with a one-year warranty and a 30-day-back guarantee.
Chipolo will be showcasing the Chipolo ONE along with their existing products at the Sands Expo (Tech West), Level 2, Hall A-D, Booth number: 44352.