Oppo has unveiled the all-new Reno2 Series for the European market at the English National Ballet in London. Oppo has brought forth two incredible smart devices alongside its first-ever headphones. Moreover, it announced expansion plans in the Europen market. The OPPO Reno2 and OPPO Reno2 Z are packed with innovative and modern features. They have quad-camera setups that change the photography and video capturing experiences for users.
“Building on the success of the Reno Series so far across Europe, we are pleased to bring the new Reno2 models to the UK, giving users even more opportunities to be creative with their smartphones. With our advanced camera technology, users will be empowered to capture the world around them wherever they may be, in a variety of environments and conditions. We are thrilled to be launching the Reno2 Series in the UK today helping to make it more accessible than ever for everyone to experience the very best in smartphone technology. We’re looking forward to seeing how people embrace our latest devices and sharing their own content” said Michael Tran, Director, OPPO UK.
All-action camera experience in the smartphone
The new photography experience in the Reno2 device is based on four cameras: 48MP Ultra-Clear Main camera, 13MP Telephoto lens, 2MP Mono lens and 8MP Wide Angle lens, which enable 5x Hybrid Zoom and 20x Digital Zoom, using Fusion Imaging technology to switch between focal lengths. As a result, the cameras produce crystal clear and sharp images that are unmatched. On the other hand, the Reno2 Z has a 48MP Ultra-Clear Main camera, 8MP Wide Angle Lens, 2MP Mono Lens and a 2MP Portrait Lens.
There has also been an introduction of an ultra steady video mode. This takes stabilisation to a whole new level. The videos are captured at a frame rate of up to 60 fps. Moreover, the editing experience has been revolutionized with OPPO’s one-tap video editing and sharing editor, called SOLOOP, letting customers efficiently and professionally edit the visual content they create.
New Camera Modes
- Ultra Dark Mode – lets users capture clear night scenes, even in cases where the ambient brightness is less than 1 lux. It only takes 2-2.5 seconds to capture an entire dark scene, making it one of the fastest night shooters on the market.
- Ultra-Wide Mode – providing a 119° (Reno2 Z) or 116° (Reno2) field of view, perfect for capturing expansive landscape shots or videos, much like purpose-built all-action cameras.
- Ultra Macro Mode (Reno2 Only) – lets you shoot down to 2.5cm from an object quickly and easily, capturing details that even our eyes can’t see both for images and videos.
- Updated Portrait Mode – includes two new portrait effects, giving users up to 7 different portrait shots with adjustable Bokeh HDR mode. The new Bokeh effect is also available for video in an industry first.
This smartphone has a shark-fin module which houses the selfie camera, earpiece as well as the secondary microphone. The Oppo Reno 2 packs a quad-camera setup at the back and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC. The Reno 2 sports a 6.5-inch full-HD+ AMOLED display without any notch. It also has an in-display fingerprint scanner that is quick to scan and unlock the smartphone. The display has good viewing angles and gets bright enough when viewed outdoors.
The Reno2 Z
The Reno2 Z has 6.5-inch AMOLED display and features a versatile (48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP) Quad Camera, plus a 16MP pop-up selfie camera. With a distinct Twilight Mist finish, it is available in Sky White or Luminous Black. Both the front and back of the Reno2 Z are designed with durable, drop-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
UK pricing and availability
- The OPPO Reno2 in Luminous Black and Ocean Blue with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM will be available in-store and online with Carphone Warehouse from 17th October – RRP sim free starting at £449.00
- The OPPO Reno2 Z in Luminous Black and Sky White with 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM will also be available at the same time with Carphone Warehouse – RRP starting at £329.00
- The OPPO Reno2 in Luminous Black will also be available on a pay monthly contract with EE at £28pm (with £50 upfront cost) for the entry-level 500MB tariff.