Sony announced two new additions to its Alpha APS-C series of mirrorless cameras. The two new models are called Alpha 6600 (model ILCE-6600) and Alpha 6100 (model ILCE-6100). Alpha 6600 is targeted to meet the demands of hardcore photographers and videographers. 6100 is suitable for all those users who wish to make use of different lenses, shooting high-quality images in a variety of situations.
Moreover, Sony has launched two new lenses for its APS-C range. E 16-55mm F2.8 G standard zoom lens and the E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS super-telephoto zoom lens.
The two new additions have increased Sony’s versatile E-mount system from 52 to 54 lenses.
“Our ‘One Mount’ strategy to continually expand the E-mount system, cameras and lenses with complete inter-compatibility between full-frame and APS-C, means that we want to offer the widest range of exciting products that customers can select from when choosing the right tool for their needs,” said Yann Salmon Legagneur, Director of Product Marketing, Digital Imaging, Sony Europe.
An Eye for precision and detail
Sony has listened to the feedback from existing APS-C camera lineup users. The two new Cameras now offer more and better features to make the user experience fine. The features include:
- Upgraded color reproduction. Sony has inherited Algorithms from full-frame models. They now feature natural color reproduction, particularly in skin tones.
- Hi-resolution internal 4K movie recording with full-pixel readout without pixel binning in Super 35mm format with easy smartphone transfers via the Imaging Edge Mobile application
- Interval shooting for stunning time-lapse videos
- 180-degree tiltable, 3.0-type 921k-dot (approx.) LCD touch screen
- Integrated Microphone input for clear and crisp audio on video recordings
The all-new Alpha 6600 offers amazing low-noise performance. It delivers incredibly high-quality images, even in low-light conditions. It basically has all the technology breakthrough features that are becoming a source of praise for Sony. The features include:
- Sony’s innovative 5-axis in-body image stabilization system that results in a 5.0-step[x] shutter speed advantage
- Implementation of the industry-leading[xi] long battery life with Sony Z Battery for the first time on an APS-C camera, enabling extended power performance; approx. 720 still images using the viewfinder, approx. 810 images using an LCD monitor[xii]
- A tough magnesium alloy design that is dust and moisture resistant[xiii]
- Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting[xiv]. When activated, the eye of a subject is automatically tracked with high precision and reliability, allowing the shooter to focus on the content itself as opposed to what is in focus or not in focus. Touch Tracking functionality will also automatically initiate Eye AF when a human subject is selected
- Integrated headphone jack which allows the user to connect high-quality headphones for accurate monitoring of recorded sound
Pricing and Availability
The Alpha 6600 will ship in Europe in October 2019 priced at approximately €1600 body only or as a kit with the SEL18135 lens for €2000.
The Alpha 6100 will ship in Europe in October 2019 priced at approximately €900 body only, as a kit with the SEL1650 lens for €1000 or as a kit with the SEL1650 and SEL55210 priced at approximately €1250.