Look at this. Isn’t this yummy? This is a Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake in all its glory.
Instagram has helped really bring out the foodie within us all. These nifty 1 minute videos really can make your mouth water. A few days ago, I saw a Tastemade video about Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake but it had a few elements missing in the recipe and in the video.
View this post on Instagram
Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake INGREDIENTS: 2 1/2 cups biscuits 5 Ferrero Rocher 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted FILLING: 35 oz cream cheese 3 large eggs 6 large egg yolks 1 1/4 cups caster (superfine) sugar 3/4 cup sour cream 1 tsp almond essence 6 Raffaello 6 Ferrero Rocher GANACHE: 10 1/2 oz milk chocolate 1 1/4 cups heavy cream DECORATE: 15 Ferrero Rocher 10 Raffaello FULL RECIPE -> Tastemade.com #ferrerorocher #cheesecake #desserttime #creamcheese
So with necessity being the mother of invention and some good ol’ kitchen based intuition, I put up the missing pieces and et voila, ended up with a scrumptious Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake!
You will need
- Ferrero Rochers, the more the merrier
- 1 slab of milk chocolate, for cooking
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp almond essence
- 1 box of digestive biscuits
- oil spray/oil for greasing the pan
- In a chopper, crush the digestive biscuits into a fine grainy mix and slowly add ferrero rochers (maybe 5-6) and then add melted butter (about 2-3 tbsp).
- Once the paste/base is fine enough with no lumps or chunks, spread it evenly in a greased pan.
- Put this pan into the fridge. For best results leave it for as long as you can. Overnight works really well.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sugar (abt 1/2 cup), almond essence, sour cream and egg yolks and mix well. You can mix it with a spatula, you’ll still get good results.
- Pour this mixture onto the refrigerated base and put it in a preheated oven (160 degrees) and keep checking on it. Once it’s done, then get started on the topping. The cake should be a little wobbly but firm.
- In a bowl for the topping, use a double boiler. Melt the milk chocolate, add butter, cream and some leftover sugar. Spread this ganache over the cake and refrigerate again. Top with the ferrero rochers.
- Serve and don’t forget to act all posh because this recipe is REALLY POSH!