Honor is one of our favourite smartphone brands. A spin-out from Huawei, it offers the same great quality as Huawei, almost the same hardware/software experience, but at a fraction of price. This means that gadget addicts like me can have the latest device without breaking the bank (too much!). If you were impressed by Huawei’s P20 Pro, get ready to be impressed with what Honor has to offer. Today, they launch the Honor 10, which promises you “Beauty in AI”. With this phone, you can expect the quality and standard you have already become used to with Honor, including a beautiful finish, an amazing camera and a super fast fingerprint sensor.
Read on for the full press release, offering you features, prices as well as availability.
[London, May 15, 2018] – Honor launches the Honor 10, its flagship smartphone for 2018, today in London. The launch will bring to life the concept of “Beauty in AI” and reveal two major ground-breaking and industry-leading smartphone technologies to consumers.
The first is the advanced AI 2.0 technology, applied chiefly to the smartphone’s dual camera. Second is the Honor 10 CMF design, a 3D glass back with a stunning nano-scale optical coating composed of 15 layers of shimmering color.
The Honor 10 is exclusive to the Three UK network on pay monthly advanced plans from £31 per month for 4GB of data or £40 per month for 30GB of data, with no upfront handset costs, or on Pay As You Go – available in Three stores or online from Thursday 17thMay.
“We believe the recipe of success is simple – give consumers a really good product! That’s what we work hard for everyday at Honor,” said George Zhao, President of Honor. “But we don’t just stop at making a good product. We want to co-create a new lifestyle with young people worldwide. We listen to them, we bounce ideas around with them, and we cheer for them. They are our inspiration, and the reason we created the Honor 10, with its AI photography features and exquisite design.”
Wilkin Lee, Honor UK Sales and Marketing Director adds “The new Honor 10 handset features the latest AI technology and newest camera features. Sleek, easy to use and high-performing; we’re proud to have created a handset that reflects the needs and wants of our customers.”
Key Features of the Honor 10
AI 2.0 Camera
24MP + 16MP rear camera
- The Honor 10 24MP+16MP dual AI camera recognises 500+ scenarios in 22 categories in real time
- It can pinpoint the outlines of various surrounding objects, like the sky, plants, people or even a waterfall, and identify their locations instantly
- This feature is supported by industry-first Semantic Image Segmentation technology, which allows the Honor 10 to identify multiple objects in one single image. These industry-first Honor 10 features apply scene-specific parameters to each photo in real time when taking a picture, making every photo you take a professional shot with just one click
24MP front camera
- The Honor 10’s 24MP front camera is your intelligent selfie companion. It supports 3D face recognition, optimises facial details and detects over a hundred facial points to pixel-level accuracy
- The Honor 10 front camera also supports studio lighting effects with a range of lighting conditions
- The advanced and precise facial recognition ensures an accurate bokeh, and captures subtle features of everyone’s face, even in a ‘groufie’ shot
Aurora glass, radiance from every angle
- The process taken to achieve the Honor 10’s finish was a result of world-class industrial techniques and sophisticated engineering processes
- The Honor 10 glass design is made with 15 layers of 3D glass on the back, which reflects a colourful radiance from every angle, in natural light and shade
Stylish colours designed by The Paris Aesthetics Center
- Immersed in art history and the digital world, the Honor 10 brings a stunning combination of colors to consumers – the Phantom Blue and Phantom Green
- These two iconic colours were created at The Paris Aesthetics Center, an international fashion institute for leading design professionals, where the creativity and enthusiasm of Honor engineers and designers came to life
Functional built-in features: Honor FullView and Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor Under the Glass
- The Honor 10 has the industry-first front-placing ultrasonic fingerprint sensor under the glass
- It also has a 5.84-inch FullView FHD+ screen with a 19:9 bezel-less display and 86% screen-to-body ratio
- The Honor 10 is powered by an independently built-in NPU processor
- The 4GB RAM and 64GB/128GB ROM storage gives sufficient space to stock all your exciting moments recorded in galleries, apps and files
- The Honor 10 also comes with Honor Super Charge 5V/4.5A with the 3,400 mAh (typical value) battery, it can recharge 50% of power within 25 minutes
- The Honor 10 has the latest EMUI 8.1, an overall upgrade in software function and capability, and features the Easy Talk function, which reduces background noise in a windy environment when you’re talking handsfree and increases the volume of whispers for quiet conversations
With innovative devices which deliver a premium experience at competitive prices, Honor continues to lead the industry in its home market as the number one smartphone e-brand in China, and has achieved 100% growth in overseas markets since its inception.