The life we live relies on having a good network. While most of our devices run on WiFi, sometimes you just need a wired connection. This may be because you are a gamer and need to get the maximum speed out of your connection. This might be because you want to connect to something like a television or a smart home device that only runs on a wired connection. The problem with this is the fact that it is very costly to run a wired cable from your router to other parts of your house or office. Devolo have the solution for you. Their Devolo dLAN 1200 triple+ starter kit allows you to have up to 3 extra wired connections, available anywhere within your house.
Devolo dLAN 1200 Triple+ : Features
- Gigabit Ethernet – Equipped with 3 integrated gigabit LAN port for easy connection of 3 network-compatible device such as a smart TV, PC or game console
- Integrated socket & 3 LAN ports – Fast Internet connections at speeds up to 1200 Mbps. No power outlet goes to waste
- Compatible with all common Internet routers. A steady high-speed signal at cable lengths of up to 300 metres
- Protection from unauthorised access thanks to automatic encryption
- Fast home networking from your electrical socket at speeds up to 1200 Mbps: simply unpack, plug in and get started
In the box
- One into LAN extender
- One main device to connect to your router
- One Ethernet cable
- One quick start guide
Look and feel
The device looks like most other extender kits. It plugs into your mains, and allows you to plug something in, hence ensuring you don’t waste a socket. On the device are ethernet ports to connect, an LED to indicate status and a button on the side to allow pairing.
By default, the first and main unit should be plugged near the router and connected to the router using the supplied ethernet cable.
The second device can then be plugged anywhere in the house, as per your needs.
Normally that should be it, and the devices should connect.
However, if that doesn’t work, simply press the connect button on the side of both devices to let this work.
That is it, from there on, you should be good to go!
The device is capable of up to 1200mbps. That is faster than most internet connections in the UK, so it works as well as you want and need it to.
Plug and forget
The beauty of the device is that once you have plugged it in and set it up, you can simply forget about it, and carry on.
The one thing to remember with this device is that there is no WiFi connection available through this.
More information on the device can be found on devolo’s website.
It can be bought via various online retailers such as Amazon, and costs £129.99.