Thanks to the likes of the new MacBooks, ports are disappearing quickly from laptops. It allows laptop manufacturers to squeeze in a lot more into their devices. All you see now are USB-C ports. While laptops come with them, accessory makers are still shy of using USB-C on their devices. This has given birth to the need for adaptors and hubs that can help you connect other devices to your laptop. Dodocool have combined pretty much all you need in one handy multifunction USB-C hub.
Dodocool 7-in-1 USB-C hub – features
- 7-in-1 Multifunction USB-C Hub – Instant extend 3 x USB 3.0 Ports, HD output port, VGA port, PD Type-C charging port, RJ-45 Ethernet port from one USB-C port or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port.
- 3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Ports: Simultaneously connect up to three peripherals ( such as keyboard, mouse, thumb drive ) to a USB-C laptop. USB 3.0 transfers data at up to 5 Gbps.
- Power Delivery USB-C Port: Charging your laptop while connecting multiple peripherals and transferring data.
- 4K HD Video Adapter: Enable you to mirror or extend the display of your laptop to your TV, monitor or projector in up to 4K UHD (3840×2160 @ 30Hz) resolution or VGA port (1920×1200 @ 60Hz) resolution. Backward compatible with 1080p/720p/480p/360p resolutions.
- RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter: Enable you to enjoy the ultra-fast Gigabit Ethernet speeds and the reliability of a wired connection directly. Support 10/100/1000BASE-T networks.
- 6 x 10.8 x 1.8 cm, 82g
Look and feel
The device comes in a pretty sleek package. You have 3 USB ports and an HDMI at one end, while the USB C power in and USB C cable out is on the other side. A VGA port and ethernet port sit opposite each other on the 2 other faces.
Being small and light, you can easily slip this in a pocket or your backpack while travelling.
Usability and performance
It does exactly what it says on the tin. Achieves what you want, as you want it. Can be plugged into laptops as well as USB-C compatible mobile phones.