Samsung has just announced three new devices to add to their Samsung Gear range:
- Gear Sport, a sleek and versatile fitness-focused smartwatch that is water resistant; RRP £299.00
- Gear Fit2 Pro, an upgraded GPS sports band with smart features; RRP £209.00
- Gear IconX, a second generation of the company’s ground breaking cord free earbuds; RRP TBC
Samsung’s new Gear devices were designed to let consumers get the most out of their day, and help them live a healthier and well-balanced life.
The new Gear devices assist with a range of activities – from robust fitness tracking to nutrition and sleep monitoring, as well as motivational coaching.
Premium partnerships with Speedo, Under Armour and Spotify supplements daily activity, bringing a superior user experience.
Samsung created new capabilities for Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro:
- Industry-leading Water Resistance and Swim Tracking: An ideal companion for any swim – from laps to playing in the pool – these devices are 5 ATM certified for water resistance.
- Now with Speedo’s latest swimming training app, Speedo On, the Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro also allow you to easily track key swim metrics including lap count, lap time, stroke type and more.
- Top-of-the-line Heart Rate Monitoring: With improved accuracy, the devices offer advanced real-time heart rate monitoring. They help you continuously monitor your heart activity – whether it’s enjoying a stress-free nap or an invigorating cycling class.
- Premium Partnerships: Daily activity can be supplemented with updated Under Armour and Spotify partnerships. Both devices provide access to Under Armour’s fitness apps including Under Amour Record, MyFitnessPal, MapMyRun and Endomondo for activity, nutritional and community-based functions. Spotify’s Offline mode lets you listen to your favourite music online, offline or even without your smartphone so you can enjoy your favourite tunes regardless of location.
- Auto Activity Detection: Automatic activity detection built into the devices are in tune with your body and can recognise the following categories of activities: Walking, Running, Cycling or performing Dynamic Activities that could include dancing to basketball.
- Personalised Motivation: You can customise your own wellness plan with tailored goals and alerts.
Gear IconX: Comfortable fit, cord-free earbuds
IconX cord-free earbuds. Music can be enjoyed on and offline by transferring songs from a Samsung smartphone or PC, or accessing your favourite tunes through Bluetooth connectivity. The earbuds are also your newest connection to Bixby. With a simple tap and hold of the earbud you can use your voice to control your music or your phone – without even having it in your hand.
The updated design comes in Black, Grey and Pink and is even more ergonomic and lightweight so they are effectively secure, comfortable and stylish to use. For the fitness enthusiast, the Gear IconX automatically tracks your running routines, and also features standalone Running Coach which can be activated by simply tapping the earbud to provide in-ear audio exercise status updates – in real-time and without your phone. With a fast-charging and improved battery life of up to five hours of streaming and seven hours of standalone music playing, and up to 4GB of internal storage, you can enjoy a seamless and fully standalone music listening experience.
“At Samsung, we celebrate the everyday athlete – whether you’re going for a light jog, or training for your next triathlon. We have a long history of embracing choice and innovation, and our wearables are designed to help consumers of varying fitness levels meet their goals and aspirations. We want to help remove the stigma that fit can only mean one thing and that fitness trackers are complex and for only the most intense of workouts,” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “Our new Samsung Gear wearables help consumers ‘go beyond fitness’ and enjoy an active, balanced and fulfilled life in a smart and seamless way.”
Head to the Samsung website to find out more.