ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment.Their products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. Their solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide.
They will be showcasing the industry’s most open and comprehensive suite of software-defined access (SD-Access) solutions at this month’s Broadband World Forum event in Berlin (booth E102).
“ADTRAN continues to be a leading proponent of open, SDN-controlled multi-vendor networks, launching the industry’s first open SD-Access architecture and becoming the first and only access supplier fully aligned with the Residential-CORD open reference architecture,” said Robert Conger, AVP of Cloud and Portfolio Strategy, ADTRAN. “This commitment enables service providers to graduate to a truly open, disaggregated access architecture built on data center principles.”
The following ADTRAN innovations are available to explore at its Broadband World Forum booth (E102):
- 10G PON Integration with Virtual Optical Line Termination Hardware Abstraction (VOLTHA)
- Pioneering solution in support of the Central Office Re-architected as a Data Center (CORD) initiative.
- VOLTHA is bolstering the microservices and DevOPs models simplifying the creation of new subscriber and operational services.
- SD-Access interoperability validation of ADTRAN Mosaic Cloud platform
- ADTRAN is demonstrating Mosaic in an open, multi-vendor environment, in conjunction with the CORD initiative.
- It will also be showcasing ADTRAN Mosaic Activate in action, a software-orchestration application designed to accelerate new-customer service activation and the first of several scheduled applications within the Mosaic Subscriber Solutions & Experience portfolio launched earlier this year.
- NG-PON2 wavelength mobility
- Pioneering non-service impacting wavelength agility and ultra-low latency with a demonstration of its NG-PON2 solution to support 5G and other mission critical applications, while optimizing asset utilization.
- Live Gigabit service Gfast
- ADTRAN continues to demonstrate innovations in the Gfast standard 212MHz and coordinated dynamic time allocation (cDTA), delivering a symmetric gigabit experience over copper.
- Gigabit-to-the-Basement and Super-Vectoring
- ADTRAN will showcase its new disruptive Gfast deployment model, Gigabit-to-the-Basement, extending gigabit services to 650m (10x further) to fiber termination, to enable network operators to deliver gigabit speeds in dense urban environments 5x faster and 7x lower cost per subscriber.
- This new solution expands the ADTRAN Gfast portfolio by combining ADTRAN’s 2nd generation SDX 2200 series of 212MHz Gfast DPUs with the ADTRAN bonded Super-Vectoring (VDSL2 35b) technology, providing gigabit rates from existing cabinet infrastructure and thus extending gigabit services significantly.
In his keynote session, Ronan Kelly, CTO, EMEA & APAC regions, ADTRAN will be discussing how telecom operators can prepare for the future Gigabit society where symmetric business models and services are key, at 10.30am CET on 25th November. At 2:40pm CET on 25th November, Gary Bolton, vice president, global marketing will be giving a keynote presentation on The Platform Economy.
The executives will also be present for the panels on:
- Is the Price Too High for Open Source;
- Will We Be Ready for 2020? Global Operators Discuss 2020 Goals;
- Examining Innovations and Leading Technologies in the FTTx Space to Deliver Broadband Access Services Efficiently and Realistically;
- Generating Revenue from Smart Home Solutions and Broadband Investments; and
- Predicting the Future of Next Generation Network Access and Outlining Fixed Access Evolution Strategies.
For more information, please visit their website.