Onkyo, the leader in smart, sophisticated, and wholly immersive entertainment solutions today announces that select Onkyo and Pioneer DTS Play-Fi-enabled products, including AVRs, sound bars, and speakers, will soon support the Amazon Alexa Connected Speaker APIs, This will allow voice-enabled selection of music and control via an Alexa-enabled device, including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Amazon Tap, Amazon Fire TV or any of the two new DTS Play-Fi wireless speakers featuring far-field Alexa Voice Service – such as the Onkyo Smart Speaker P3 and Pioneer Elite Smart Speaker F4 – that will begin shipping in the US in late Q3/early Q4. DTS Play-Fi technology allows one or more devices to be linked together for multi-room music playback of Alexa streaming content and seamlessly interacts with other Alexa-enabled products to provide full group control of music playback.
Onkyo and Pioneer will roll out Alexa control through the Connected Speaker APIs to hundreds of current and new DTS Play-Fi-enabled products* through firmware updates beginning in Q1 2018.
Benefits of DTS Play-Fi Technology
- Multi-Room, Multi-Zone, Multi-User Listening Experience: Connect multiple audio systems that incorporate DTS Play-Fi technology into a zone and enjoy music in every room of your home, perfectly synchronized with no lag. create multiple zones and stream different music to different rooms from the same device. Every user in the home can simultaneously stream from different devices and PCs that incorporate DTS Play-Fi software to DTS Play-Fi-enabled products.
- Exceptional Sound Experience: DTS Play-Fi technology wirelessly transmits high-quality lossless audio.
- Whole-Home Range: DTS Play-Fi technology works everywhere your Wi-Fi does, even if range extenders are used. It also works over Ethernet, Powerline, and other IP-based networking technologies. There is no need for proprietary bridges or routers. Most homes already have everything that is needed.
- Stream Anything. Control Everything: In addition to streaming music services, users can download Play-Fi apps for Android, iPad, iPhone, and Kindle Fire to gain access to more than 20,000 radio stations, podcasts, local music, media servers, and select cloud-based music services. Set-up, link and control all of the speakers on the network from the same streamlined interfaces.
- Audio/Video**Synchronisation with Windows PCs: DTS Play-Fi technology supports true audio/visual synchronization when streaming audio from YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video, or any other video source to a DTS Play-Fi speaker from a Windows PC. DTS Play-Fi technology is the only multi-room streaming platform to offer lip-sync accurate synchronisation with a video source, and the only whole-home platform with operating system-level integration compatible with every application and streaming service. The A/V sync feature is available for existing and new purchasers of the premium DTS Play-Fi HD Driver ($14.95). Additionally, all DTS Play-Fi Windows software supports Windows 10.
- Wireless Surround: DTS Play-Fi technology continues to revolutionise the industry with the introduction of wireless surround technology to provide an immersive home theater environment with discrete 5.1 surround sound.