Garmin have introduced the new vÍvosmart fitness band today at IFA. The band displays notifications, such as incoming texts, calls or emails.
Based on the Vivofit, which learns about our individual fitness levels and set personalised goals, the vÍvosmart will ensure you also get your incoming texts, calls and emails with a gentle vibration alert and a preview. To read more, you simply have to touch and swipe the screen, and carry on exercising.
It syncs with the Garmin Connect Mobile App, meaning that your smart phone can stay in your pocket or backpack while you run, cycle or climb a mountain. You can also measure your calories counted.
The screen features a menu that offers everything from time and date to all the fitness information you need. A MOVE BAR, with five segments, reminds you when you have been sitting down for too long with a discreet vibration and a visual display.
‘With its activity tracking features, additional workout support including timed activities, and smart notifications, vÍvosmart is like having a personal trainer and assistant right on your wrist,’ said Andrew Silver Garmin, EMEA Product Manager, Fitness. ‘It challenges and motivates users to stay active and create lifelong healthy habits, while keeping them connected to family, friends, work and more.’
Garmin vívosmart’s features include:
· Smart notifications – Monitors calls, texts, meetings, emails, and other notifications with vibration alerts so you don’t miss a beat.
· Sleek touchscreen band – Double tap to reveal the hidden OLED touchscreen and swipe to navigate pages.
· Vibration alerts – vívosmart tells you when you have calls, texts, emails, meetings, or if you just need to take a walk with a vibration alert.
· Activity tracking – Count your steps, calories, and distance throughout the day. The move bar motivates you to make a move when you’ve been sitting too long.
· Sensor compatibility – Get more out of vívosmart – pair it with a heart rate monitor1, bike speed sensors or VIRB action camera2.
· Auto sync – vívosmart automatically syncs with mobile devices at strategic times throughout the day, such as when a goal is met or when several steps have been taken since the last sync.
· Garmin connect – Sync with Garmin Connect to save, plan, and share your progress and join online challenges.
Lightweight, water resistant and a 7 day battery life mean you hardly have to take it off. It will be available from October in five colours, and will retail for 139.99 GBP.
For more information, visit the following link: