The Wearable Technology Conference will be the first time many new products will be seen in the UK, including:
· The Intelligent Headset – the world’s first headset with dynamic 3D audio, which has applications for gaming, music and also as an aid for the visually impaired
· Optinvent – the UK launch of the ORA smart glasses, the most complete and powerful true AR see-through smart glasses platform available. The ORA glasses are not released until April/May this year and will initially be available to industrial/professional markets and application developers before going on sale to consumers.
· ORSTO’s X3 smartwatch – British-made and hand built
· SunSprite from Goodlux – SunSprite is a next-generation health wearable invented by Harvard doctors that tracks a person’s sun and bright light exposure to improve their energy, mood and sleep.
· Xensr – the conference will host the European launch of Xensr – the first wireless, programmable motion capture solution that measures physical motion for sports, engineering, medicine and more.
· Smartlife – Smartlife will use the Wearable Technology Conference as the platform for the first public demonstration of its brand new base layer garment and associated electronics, which will report the wearer’s heart rate, location, speed, calorie burn and duration worn – perfect for athletes of all levels.
“Wearable tech is THE big news for 2014 and it’s only going to get bigger, with experts predicting it will be worth as much as $8.4 billion by 2018,” commented Wearable Technology Conference director John Weir.
“And it’s not surprising when you consider it has the potential to impact all of our lives, both professionally and personally, affecting everything from our health and wellbeing, to the way we see, hear, communicate and play with the world
“For anyone who is interested in finding out how wearable tech can change their life, their job, their business, their industry or their customers’ lives, there is only one place to be on 18-19 March, and that’s the Wearable Technology Conference.”