Few days ago we live blogged the TalkTalk Essentials announcement.
Here is some more information as well as our thoughts on the whole package.
TalkTalk are presenting their Essentials TV, giving you the best price for TV, broadband and calls in the UK.
The idea is that with this package, at £7.50 a month, users get complete broadband, a phone service offering free evening and weekend calls, and TV content. The equivalent BT YouView package is £190 steeper. In terms of savings, this equates to a film from TalkTalk BoxOffice every week for the whole year, or 6 months of Sky Sports subscription, through TalkTalk of course. Compared to Sky, you save £250, while the sum is £170 for Virgin Media.
· Free connection
· Free YouView Box (usually £149)
· 7 day catch up on your TV
· 60+ Freeview channels
· Totally unlimited broadband
· Evening and weekend calls to UK landlines
· Free Advanced wireless router
· Homesafe free award winning security service
What else can I watch?
· Add extra channels, one month at a time. Add 65 channels BT don t have, with only one month commitment
· Watch Sky Movies and Sky Sports. 5 dedicated sports channels and 11 movie channels available
· On Demand exclusives on TalkTalk Player. Rent the latest blockbusters at the touch of a button.
Some more features;
· £15.40 Line Rental or Save £70.80 with Value Line Rental
· 18 month contract for new customers, 24 for existing
The idea is simple, and while it isn’t the first one to present users with this service, it is definitely the best value for money. Moreover, the whole UI has been designed to cater for those of us who are not the tech savvy. The uncles, the aunts, the grans, the dads. People who don’t like to use the remote. A simple setup promises no frills, and all the users have to do is simply plug it in.
There is an app coming from TalkTalk next year as well, which promises to integrate with the box as well.