LG are jumping into the tablet market by introducing the LG G PAD 8.3. As the name suggest, it is an 8.3 tablet, and it will be officially be debuted at IFA this week at Berlin. Offering a full range of pairing features, a full HD display, a great battery life, and small enough to hold in one hand, LG is trying to step in to the tablet game with style. It also builds on their recent launch of the LG G2 phone, though this doesn’t feature any ‘back’ buttons!
“Complementing our G Series smartphones, the introduction of the LG G Pad 8.3 further strengthens LG’s premium lineup consisting of our most cutting-edge devices,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “Our G Pad is just another example of LG delivering devices with the unique selling points consumers around the world will appreciate.”
Some of the highlight features are as follows:
- Slim, sleak and light – you can hold it one hand, weighing only 338 gm
- Powerful battery life of 4600 mAH
- First 8″ tablet to offer full HD display, with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
- Qualcomm SnapDragon 600 Quadcore Processor
- Qpair: One of our favourite features. It can pair with most Android phones, and let you answer phone calls, read texts, make calls, etc.
- Slide Aside: Slide active app to the side by using three finger swipe.
- QSlide: Up to three windows open on the same screen
- KnockOn: Turns the device on or off with a double tap on the screen.
- 5MP camera rear/Front 1.3MP
It will be available in the fourth quarter of this year, and rolled out in South Korea, Europe, North America.