Bluetooth headsets come in all shapes and sizes. The Borofone BE10 Transformer Wireless Earphone is an attempt to take the two most popular forms of the Bluetooth headset and combine it to give you the best possible solution.
The device transforms between a Bluetooth earpiece to a sporty stereo pair of headphones.
The magic lies in the top part. You can connect a pair of stereo in-ear headphones, or a single earpiece.
You can find out more about the Borofone in the following video:
You can also check out their Kickstarter page.
Borofone BE10 – features
- Transforms into your device of choice
- Connect up to two phones at once
- Features Bluetooth 4.1 for better battery life
- Features 10mm dynamic driver
- Water and sweat resistant
- 2 hours of fast charging, battery life up to 4 hours.
- Functionality: buttons for play/pause, accept call, volume up and down, previous/next track
- Available in 3 colours: gold, black, red
- Comes with handy travel case
In the box
- Dual Channel Necklace
- Main body
- Ear hook
- Ear Caps
- USB Charging cable
- Detachable single channel earbud
- Zipper bag
- Documentation (warranty, manual)
True 2-in-1 design
The Borofone BE10 Transformer headset offers you true 2-in-1 mode. You can have it as a dual stereo headset, or as a single piece. The transformation is pretty straightforward.
This means you can use it whether you are driving, take phone calls at work, or out running or listening to music. The choice is yours.
In stereo mode, you can also use this as a fashion accessory in a necklace form.
The technology and design phase
A big question around many crowdfunded projects is what the technology is and how far ahead it is.
The BE10 features a patented design. The product was already prototyped in January 2017, with a test and pilot run in May. August saw the mass production setup, while the crowdfunded campaign was launched in September. Delivery should be next month.
You can find out more about the device on their website. They cost around £30 GBP via Kickstarter, and have already surpassed their target price.