Xplora, the popular Norwegian smartwatch company, today announced that the X5 Play smartwatch for kids is now available in the UK. The Xplora X5 Play, based on the Snapdragon Wear platform, is designed for tech-savvy children and offers parents’ true peace of mind. It is an ideal first phone for children aged 4-11 and is the only smartwatch for kids with gamification and a step tracker to help drive more physical activity. The Xplora X5 is available in black, blue or pink from the Xplora website now for £159.99 and in the US from the Xplora website for $149.99
With the X5 Play, children can make and receive calls from up to 50 approved contacts, while parents can be confident in knowing their child’s location at all times. Kids can take and store up to 1,000 pictures, play games and track their steps to earn prize incentives through the Xplora Goplay platform which encourages children to be more physically active.
What’s New in the X5 Play:
The market for children’s wearables is exploding. Xplora products already have 11% market penetration with children 4-11 in Norway. Now, the X5 Play makes Europe’s most popular smartwatch for kids brand available in the U.K and includes several hardware and software upgrades. The X5 Play includes only those smartwatch features that are appropriate for young children. These features help parents and kids:
- Stay connected – The X5 Play is the ideal first phone for children. It works everywhere a smartphone works. It keeps parents and kids connected while giving parents complete control over what their child can do and who they can communicate with.
- Stay safer – The X5 Play uses GPS in combination with GSM and WIFI triangulation to keep parents informed where their children are at all times. Additionally, parents can easily set up safe zones via a Google Maps integration, and they will be alerted when their children enter or leave the safe zones.
- Stay active – The X5 Play encourages kids to be more active. It includes a step counter, rewards for every 1,000 steps taken, and interactive gamification experiences, including the integration with Doctor Who and Dora and the Lost City of Gold on the Goplay platform.
- Stay curious – The X5 Play encourages children to explore their environment and record their adventures with a 2MP camera that stores up to a thousand pictures on the device.
- Stay secure – Xplora and the X5 Play comply with the strictest security and transparency standards in Asia and Europe, including GDPR compliance, to ensure that all the data is well protected from misuse and exploitation. It is also CPRA and CE/FCC compliant.