The OWC Thunderbolt Hub is here, launched by the premier zero-emissions Mac and PC technology company. OWC is a respected provider of memory, external drives, SSDs, Mac & PC docking solutions, and performance upgrade kits. The OWC Thunderbolt hub now comes with additional Thunderbolts, the likes of which the market has seen for the first time ever, now you can connect more, display more, and charge more with the all-new Thunderbolt 4 solution.
The breakthrough for this launch is that expansion in the number of Thunderbolts that are now available on a Thunderbolt 4 PC. The compact hub allows you to charge any device with a USB-C or USB-A connector using a single Thunderbolt 4 port. All you have to do is to connect it. It could be either a Dual 4K displays or a single 5K/6K/8K display, high-performance storage–including NVMe solutions, A/V mixers, phone or tablet, even desktop accessories like a keyboard or mouse are all fair game. Accessories with past, present, or future USB or Thunderbolt interfaces…all connect to the OWC Thunderbolt Hub.
OWC Thunderbolt Hub Highlights:
- All the Thunderbolt you’ve always wanted: For the first time ever, add more full speed, fully functional Thunderbolt ports to your computer
- Plug everything in: Same device compatibility and performance, whether plugged into the hub or directly into your machine
- Manage more devices: Connect storage, two 4K displays or one 5K/6K/8K display, multiple accessories you name it, you can use it
- Revolutionary development: New multi-port accessory architecture reinvents the daisy chain and allows more bus-powered devices
- Adjustable LED: Customize illumination for your unique work setting
- Built-in security: Kensington Nano Security Slot™ for anti-theft cabling
- OWC ClingOnTM ready: cable stabilizer prevents work session interruption and data loss
- Independently tested and Intel Thunderbolt-certified for Windows
“As a leader in Thunderbolt integration and accessories, OWC is proud to lead the market and offer our first Thunderbolt 4 hub for the new 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processor-based PCs.”, said Larry O’Connor, CEO, and Founder of OWC. “In addition to giving users the ability to expand the number of Thunderbolt ports they have access to, the new ability to create separate chains, and connect more devices from individual computer ports will revolutionize workflows.”
The complexities around daisy chains have always caused issues. Removing a single device from the last one in daisy chain used to cause a disruption that rendered all devices unusable until the chain was re-established. OWC’s Thunderbolt Hub lets you create a separate multi-port accessory architecture consisting of three “tree branch” chains, so you can remove devices from one chain without affecting or disconnecting the others. Now you can connect multiple portable SSDs directly to the OWC Thunderbolt Hub to experience the fastest speed your storage device can deliver.
Pricing & Availability
The OWC Thunderbolt Hub is available for pre-order through MacSales.com for $149.00 and will begin shipping in late October.