Western Digital has been continuously working towards finding the best possible data solutions with next-gen security. In pursuit of this goal, the company has announced the ArmorLockTM Security Platform. It caters to all the diverse security demands of data-centric and content critical storage use cases in various industries. The newly introduced data security platform brings in new insights to how data security should be done. As data security concerns continue to rise in visibility, Western Digital plans to apply the platform across a range of storage solutions.
Tom Mitchell, technical director, Mission Digital, said, “We have always gravitated toward G- Technology drives as they have used well-built components that have offered enhanced reliability and performance. With big studios and streaming services wanting to protect their assets, there has been a big move to using encrypted media, but in some cases, that comes with a performance hit. ArmorLock fills those needs perfectly; providing a drive that is fast, rugged, water-resistant, reliable and encrypted! It’s the drive the industry has been crying out for.”
New ArmorLock Platform Enables Next-Gen Security, Simply
The ArmorLock Security Platform demonstrates Western Digital’s commitment to providing data storage solutions that enable leading-edge, high-grade security products that everyone can easily use. A comprehensive set of technologies covers the ArmorLock product lifecycle from manufacturing to out-of-the-box setup, in-field updates, and configuration and key management that ties directly into hardware-backed modules and biometric protection on some of the latest smartphone and desktop platforms. Designed to help improve how people manage critical data, the ArmorLock platform eliminates the tradeoff between fast access to data and privacy by delivering both at the same time.
Key features of the ArmorLock Security Platform include:
- Manufacturing technologies that provision each device with a root of trust and the digital certificate of product authenticity.
- Simple and robust firmware updates delivered straight from the ArmorLock app
- Open source, the third party audited core cryptography with side-channel attack mitigation
- Sandboxed smartphone and desktop applications delivered through platform-native app stores – no special installer required
- Communications over wireless and wired connections with zero-touch certificate-based Provisioning
- Password-less authentication and key exchange technologies that directly link storage encryption to hardware-backed biometric authentication
- Zero-knowledge public key management that helps protect your privacy even if the ArmorLock device is lost or stolen
- High-Grade Security with Pro-grade Speed and NVMe Technology
Other key features of the ArmorLock encrypted NVMe SSD and ArmorLock app include:
- Simple to set up and easy unlock with your smartphone via the ArmorLock app
- High-grade 256-bit AES-XTS hardware encryption
- Secure erase and reformat to your favourite file system in one step
- Track the last known location of the drive on a map
- In-field updates for continued security support, improvements, and new features
- Ultra-rugged durability with IP67 dust/water resistance, up to 3M drop protection and 1000lb crush resistance
Pricing and Availability
The ArmorLock encrypted NVMe SSD is available today in the Western Digital Store and from select e-tailers and retailers in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom (£559.99), France and Germany. The SSD is available in 2TB** for MSRP $599 in the United States. The ArmorLock app for iOS and macOS is available for free download: https://GetArmorLock.com/Apps.