Marantz has announced its latest slimline 8K Ultra HD AV receiver, the NR1711. Designed to deliver exceptional sound for movies and music without sacrificing valuable entertainment center space, the new slim AVR offers the iconic Marantz sonic signature loved by audiophiles and everyday listeners alike. Now with masterful 8K connectivity, the new Marantz NR1711 will elevate the home entertainment experience for years to come.
“The slimline AVR is a Marantz favorite and a must-have for those who want maximum impact from their favorite music, movies, and games from an elegant device,” said Jake Mendel, global brand manager at Marantz. “The NR1711 is nearly half the height of a standard AV receiver so it doesn’t overcrowd your existing home entertainment system, but it still offers Marantz’s acclaimed warm amplification, immersive surround sound, high resolution streaming, and the latest 8K specifications.”
At nearly half the height of a standard AV receiver, the Marantz NR1711 effortlessly delivers the acclaimed Marantz amplification, immersive surround sound, high-resolution streaming, and the latest 8K specifications. It will be available in September 2020 at all authorized Marantz retailers in black or silver-gold, selling at €699 / £649 (SRP).
The NR1711 enables users to transform and upgrade their home cinema experience with its support of multidimensional object-oriented audio formats including Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X, and DTS Virtual:X. The NR1711’s Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology and DTS:X Virtual give users a 3D listening experience without the need for dedicated height or surround speakers.
On the connectivity front, the Marantz has six HDMI inputs, and each supports 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020 pass-through, VRR, QFT, ALLM, QMS, and the latest HDCP 2.3 copy-protection standard.
HEOS is built-in to enable multi-room streaming with compatible products, or users can choose AirPlay 2 to create wireless, connected systems throughout their home. Music services such as TIDAL, Spotify, Amazon Music HD, Deezer, and others for streaming music libraries across compatible products. The slimline receiver also features Roon Tested certification, so users can get more out of their music libraries and stream content across devices through Roon.
The NR1711 features premium loudspeaker terminals with a set of matching cable-labels supplied to ensure easy and correct hook-up. The included Setup Assistant offers clear, graphical on-screen direction, and the Quick Start Guide ensures optimal setup for any configuration.
NR1711 Key Features
- 8K/60Hz full-rate pass-through or upscaling, along with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, and Quick Media Switching (QMS).
- Seven channel discrete power amplifier featuring 90W per channel.
- The latest video support includes HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 color resolution, and BT .2020 as well as Dynamic HDR.
- Enhanced gaming is possible with 4K/120Hz pass-through or upscaling along with Variable Refresh Rate, Auto Low Latency Mode, and Quick Frame Transport.
- Support for uncompressed and object-based audio formats with eARC.
- Audyssey MultEQ delivers simple room setup and calibration for the absolute best audio quality.
- Roon Tested certification enables listeners to get more enjoyment out of their music libraries with searchable information about artists and rich data.
- Reference-class 32-bit AKM AK4458 D/A converter on all channels offers optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with minimal distortion.
- HEOS Built-in for multi-room streaming, music streaming, and voice control.
- Supports all major streaming services including Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, and several others via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, or the HEOS app.
- Supports Alexa, Google Home, and Apple Siri voice assistants.
- Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC, and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz as well as DCD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks for high-resolution listening.
- Dual speaker preset with Audyssey allows users to switch between two Audyssey settings on the fly.
- Integrated phono input.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support (dual antenna).
- Marantz AVR Remote iOS and Android app.
- Dual subwoofer outputs.