The cycling backpacks and bags brand, Velotton has developed an incredible e-bike conversion kit that turns your old bicycle into a smart e-bike Vekkit. Vekkit comprises 3 parts only including a wheel with a motor, a bag with a battery, and a wireless cadence sensor. The purpose of the cadence sensor is to detect the pedaling and inform the motor to assist. You can set preferences from your mobile phone like max speed or power or check battery health and view your ride statistics. In order for you to get the most suitable kit for your bike, a kit configurator helps you.
Veletton has developed and manufactured all parts of the kit except the motor in their own workshop in Krakow, Poland. As a result, they have been able to put their best out there in developing Vekkit by avoiding outsourcing and letting others do the job. In order to stay eco friendly with the whole production process, the company has used 3d printers. Vekkit only takes around 5-10 minutes to be installed on most bikes. It comes with all the necessary tools which are needed for installation.
- 36 V 200 W or 250 W silent front motor
- 252 Wh or 360 Wh Li-ion removable battery
- Locks on a battery and handlebar bag
- Motor controller with FOC, sensored & sensorless for better performance
- Wireless cadence sensor
- Handlebar remote control
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
- 3A Li-ion charger, 2.5-3.5 hours for a full charge
- Assist speed up to 25 km/h (UK and EU) and up to 32 km/h (Canada & USA)
- Very light – only 3kg (city kit) or 4kg (travel kit)
- Over-the-air software updates to the kit’s firmware
The Velotton brand has successfully created durable and waterproof backpacks. The founders of the brand are constantly bicycling with a trailer and a child. It is their passion for cycling which led to the idea of an e-bike kit. The guys blog and share their favorite bike routes in Europe.