I won’t lie. I have probably spent way too long in trying to fit in a pun in the headline. There was ‘it sucks, but in a good way’, and there was ‘we’re suckers for it’. Either way, if you need one very quick takeaway from this review, it is that the Roidmi X20 is an absolutely brilliant device which packs in everything you need. A compact cordless vacuum cleaner which packs in every accessory you need, and even a spare filter!
Roidmi X20 – Features
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Powered by a 435W motor, provides an impressive 25,000Pa of power, with 3 speed settings makes it ideal for all floor types with anti-tangle brush head long hairs are no problem
- VACUUMING AND WET CLEANING SIMULTANEOUSLY: ROIDMI X20 is equipped with an innovate magnetic wet-cleaning accessory allowing it to vacuum and wet clean your hard floors simultaneously. This reduces your hard floor cleaning time by up to 50%
- VERSITILE & LIGHTWEIGHT: Only 1,5kg weight makes it easy for you to operate with one hand and perfect for floor to ceiling cleaning. Ergonomic design gives the most comfortable and convenient user experience. With the 270 degrees flexible brush head makes cleaning in tight corners effortlessly
- EFFICIENT FILTRATION SYSTEM: Double filter with six layers air filtration. This filtration method takes the best from an air purifier and combines it into a vacuum cleaner. HEPA filtration system that captures particles as small as 0.3 microns. Fine dust, pollen and coming allergens remain inside the filter system leaving the air in your home fresher and cleaner
- MAGNETIC WALL MOUNT: Innovate Nordic inspired design wall mount. The magnetic charging dock secures the cleaner while the battery is intelligently charged. Simply attach into place and the X20 will be ready to clean when you are. Saves time and space
- BATTERY MANAGEMENT: Attain longer runtime, up to 65 mintues on a single battery charge. 2500 mAh li-ion battery. Also covered by 2-years worry-free warranty
- 5 YEARS MOTOR WARRANTY: High Quality 120,000 rpm brushless DC-motor with cyclone system and motor protection system that detects if the front filter element is removed and prevents the X20 from operation
- INTELLIGENT PHOTOSENSITIVE LED: The innovative LED light turns on automatically in dark areas making it difficult for dust and debris to hide
- INTELLIGENT APP MANAGEMENT: Connect to your smart device via Bluetooth for a wealth of information about battery capacity and battery health cleaning time, remaining dust bin capacity, filter element condition and even the calories you are burning while cleaning.
- ANTI-MITE BRUSH HEAD: The X20 is supplied with ROIDMI’s anti-mite brush. Its independent motor-powered roller combines nylon bristles with a rubber strip to target dust, dirt, mites, germs and hair. Ideal for use on soft furnishings, car and bedding, the anti-mite brush helps to leave your home cleaner and safer
In the box
- ROIDMI X20
- Wet cleaning accessory with water reservoir
- X20 Wireless Magnetic Wall Mount
- Cleaning head
- Mattress brush
- Multifunction Crevice tool
- Soft roller
- Carbon Fibre roller
- Metal connecting rod
- Flex extension hose
- HEPA Filter
- Power Adapter
- Cleaning tool
- User manual
- Powerful suction / 145 AW
- Lightweight / 2.6 kg
- Low decibel / < 83 dB(A)
- Stylish design
- 3 suction modes
- 65 minutes battery capacity
- App management and notifications
- Combined vacuuming and wet cleaning
- Wireless Magnetic Wall Mount
My wife made a beautiful observation about this – she thought it seemed like something out of a Ghostbusters film. While a hardcore fan may struggle to see the connection, I can see what she means. This is light, this is a bit cylindrical, and most importantly, it is light and small. This means that not only can you use the many many attachments to pretty much do anything, you can do so while looking good.
I am particularly pleased about how light this is. Even my 2.5 year old can ‘help’ us with this, and trust me, this is a lot more pleasant than her fake vacuum cleaner!
Setting up the Roidmi X20
To begin with, the huge amount of accessories packed with this can seem a bit unnerving. However, once you get to grips with the fact that they are accessories, and this isn’t a complicated Lego project. Serves me right for tackling with this straight after I have dealt with my Christmas Lego!
Basically all you need to do is get the main Vacuum Cleaner bit out, and pop it on charge. You can pop the DC adapter in, or you can use the wall mount magnetic attachment for the charge.
The very first charge took around 2 hours, and that seems to be the typical rate for it to charge.
After that, just attach what you need to attach, and off you go.
Some bits are more complicated than others, for example the Wet Cleaning Accessory, but it all pretty much clicks into place.
The manual is there, just in case you need to know more.
Oh yes, this comes with an app. But don’t worry, if you’re a luddite. There is no actual need to use the app if you don’t want to. There is a sign up process of sorts, but only so they can email you an access code. I still don’t see the reason for it, and I imagine it helps them track things.
It basically tells you about the battery life as well as the filter – two reasonably useful things.
It also gives you a couple of interesting stats such as how long you have been vacuuming and how much area you have covered. I am kind of surprised I have managed so much!
Okay, so this isn’t exactly a cheap device. At near £400, you expect a good device. The Roidmi X20 is ready to impress you and make sure that you do not feel like you have wasted your money. The suction on this is pretty good to begin with. However, if like me, you like to just go straight in with the vacuuming and forget to read the manual, you may notice that there is an extra button on the vacuum that you have forgotten to look at. That button lets you up the power.
There are three power modes on this, and they go up exponentially in power. The highest mode is pretty good, and it sucks up pretty much anything.
In terms of various tests, it was able to do your average dust/hair etc quite easily, as well as cobwebs.
Heavier items like food and biscuit crumbs needed higher power. You can also use the higher power mode for the difficult to reach areas with the various attachments to give it that much nicer.
Mind you, the difference in power does cost you in terms of battery power, but it is a very small price to pay for what suction you get out of this.
All the attachments/accessories
This vacuum cleaner has come with the most amount of accessories I have ever seen with such a device. Pretty much any and every need is covered. On top of all this, there is even a wet cleaning accessory for wooden/non-carpeted floors.
One particularly impressive accessory is the Dust Mite Accessory – giving you protection from anything unwelcome your pets may have brought into your house!
Moreover, if you go on their website, you can buy the accessories individually, just in case you break or lose them.
This includes the ability to buy spare filters, and even batteries!
This comes with a wall mount accessory that helps you charge this.
Just a word of advice, the wall mount cannot ‘take the weight’ of the device, so you cannot just suspend it high. Instead, this acts more as a stand, which means you can help stand your Roidmi X20 when it is charging, making it a more efficient use of space.
Speaking of battery life, it obviously varies depending on your vacuuming mode.
More information on the Roidmi X20
More information on the Roidmi X20 is available from the Roidmi website.
You can buy this online from the likes of Amazon UK. The price varies per website, so I would encourage you to look around for the best deal. The average price I have seen hovers between £350 to £400.
It is hard to get excited about a vacuum cleaner, right? The Roidmi X20 is bucking the trend by actually having me feel at awe of how easy it is to use, how well it works, and how I can just pick it up as and when I need it, without having to worry too much about putting it together, cables, wires, or the battery life.
A winner on all accounts!