For some, cooking is an exercise in passion, relaxation, and creativity. For others, it’s a tedious, time-consuming chore. Fortunately, for the less culinary-inclined folk, there’s an ever-growing market of gadgets that promise to make cooking an altogether easier, quicker and more intuitive experience — and the latest to arrive is Julia, an intelligent autonomous cooking system that pretty much does everything. (While it’s not officially associated with the late master chef Julia Childs, the insinuation is pretty obvious).
“Whether someone is juggling a hectic schedule, is known for burning meals or frequently forgets important recipe steps, we can all use a little extra help in the kitchen,” said Anna Khomenko, Marketing Manager at CookingPal. “Julia makes mouthwatering, healthy, homemade meals fun, easy and fast. Ideal for complete beginners, frantic family lives and those working long hours, the system has been designed to take the chaos out of culinary creations.”
How it works
The Julia system is comprised of two parts. It has a smart kitchen hub that looks like a large tablet. The hub suggests meals by learning what you like or by determining the foods you have on hand. Then it provides step-by-step instructions with a catalog of hundreds of recipes created and tested by professional chefs for CookingPal. The tablet can also be used to order groceries. Cooks can use the touchscreen to control the hub, or voice commands when their hands get messy. Julia can also be controlled through the CookingPal app.
Cooking Made Simple
While Julia may look like a food processor, her Smart Kitchen Appliance is one of the most sophisticated in the world and able to handle a myriad of cooking tasks with complete autonomy. As versatile as any professional chef, Julia has ten culinary functions including chopping, mixing & blending, kneading, steaming and cooking. She can also weigh ingredients with a built-in scale, regulate heat settings and self-time every step of the meal prep.
For example, while preparing a mushroom risotto, Julia will tell a user how many mushrooms to put in the bowl, then chop and roast them before guiding them through the rest of the recipe. She will alert users when a next step is needed or when a meal is ready. With Julia too many cooks are never in the kitchen.
Features – Smart Kitchen Appliance
- Design: Sleek, contemporary compact design (440 x 310 x 370 mm) with a stainless steel 3L bowl. All-in-one base with scale accurate to 5g, powerful motor with 10 speeds up to of 5200 RPM and heating unit that cooks up to 130 degrees Celsius/265 degrees Fahrenheit
- Modes: Chop, mix, blend, knead, weigh, boil, emulsify, steam, grind, grate, whisk and cook
- Connectivity: The Smart Kitchen Unit and Smart Kitchen Hub connect via Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2.4GHz, 5GHz)
- Cleaning and Care: Julia’s bowl is dishwasher safe or can self-clean simply by adding dish soap and water to the bowl and setting it to mixing mode
Features – Smart Kitchen Hub
- Design: 8.9’ touch screen Android tablet with jog dial and portable stand. Durable features to withstand tough kitchen environments
- Recipes: An always-growing database of hundreds of chef-tested recipes
- Automation: AI food recognition feature assists throughout the cooking process, but also provides valuable nutritional information for each ingredient, allowing the user to make healthy food choices.
- Connectivity: Integrated grocery shopping and delivery feature through partnering retailers. Voice control functionality using leading voice assistants.
- App: Accompanying Android or iOS apps that will also connect with future CookingPal appliances as well as other smart home devices and apps to create the ultimate connected kitchen.
Julia will retail for under $1,000 and will be available in Q3 2020. In the coming months, CookingPal will announce additional products in its expanding Smart Kitchen portfolio, including a smart oven and smart pressure cooker. All CookingPal systems will seamlessly connect with its accompanying app. For further information visit www.cookingpal.com