On August 22, 2019, TEAC announced their all-new TN-3B bringing a stylish, sleek-looking belt-drive turntable to the market. It is equipped with a built-in MM-type PHONO EQ amplifier and USB digital output. TEAC has co-developed with SEAC (the high-resolution tonearm developer) a new S-shaped tonearm with a knife-edge, pivot-point bearings. It has been made keeping in mind the direct-drive TN-4D turntable which was introduced in May.
The TN-3B comes with Audio-Technica AT-VM95E cartridge which is easily upgradable. For the convenience of the users, it is equipped with an elliptical-shaped stylus that comes pre-installed on the universal type headshell. The setup process is easy as well. All you have to do is take it out of the box, set up the platter and mount the headshell on the tonearm and you are good to go.
Additionally, the belt-drive mechanism, meanwhile, helps mitigate any unwanted cogging effects (i.e. fine pulsing) from the operation of the motor, to ensure a precise and smooth platter rotation.
The TN-3B supports in-built Phono EQ amplifier (using a high-precision NJM8080 op-amp), which allows users who lack an amplifier with a built-in phono stage to enjoy the sound of their vinyl records, with low distortion and in high quality. What’s more, a built-in Analogue-to-Digital converter and USB port allow users to digitize their vinyl libraries on their PC/Mac.
The TN-3B is easily one of the most natural solutions fo record collectors. The setup process is hassle-free and quick. Furthermore, it has unknowingly set up a new standard that is unmatchable.
- 2-speed, belt-drive turntable offering 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- Knife-edge, pivot-point tonearm designed by high-end tonearm manufacturer SAEC
- Static-balanced, S-shaped tone-arm with pre-installed Audio-Technica AT-VM95E MM cartridge
- Die-cast aluminum platter
- USB digital output for digital archiving on PC/Mac
- PHONO/LINE analog outputs (switchable)
- Built-in PHONO EQ amplifier, compatible with MM-type cartridges
- Hi-fi grade NJM8080 op-amp used in PHONO EQ stage
Pricing and availability
The TEAC TN-3B is priced at £399. It will be available in September in Cherry, Piano Black or White colors.