A closer look at the Ecovacs Deebot N79S bagless robotic vacuum
The Ecovacs Deebot N79S is a very impressive smart cleaning gadget. Over a black Friday sale, it was the bestselling robotic vacuum cleaner! Let’s take a closer look at this Ecovacs Deebot in some detail.
The Deebot N79S costs £219.98 and has a lot of features you would not expect at that price.
• Control via a smartphone app
• Cleaning System in 3 steps
• Main brush most important for a deeper clean and side brushes for a better range. Intelligent navigation system with 4 modes to clean.
• Maximum mode increases the power of suction for deeper cleans. Ideal for the cleaning of carpets.
• 100 Minutes running time: The Lithium battery gives the robots quiet wiping clean after, Deebot will automatically dock to your charging station.
• 2-year guaranty comes with accessories: (1) remote control (1 inch) central brush, (2) side brush (1 inch) charging station technical support local.
• App / Alexa compatibility, MAX mode for deep cleaning on carpets, lithium battery with long cleaning time, 3-stage cleaning, 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, local service available free of cost.
The Deebot N79S is your standard bump and go robot. There’s no intelligence that detects the room and it moves around randomly. This can drive you bonkers if you’re intent on watching it make its way around! It can often clean the same part multiple times and ignore other parts of the room depending on the obstacles it faces going in those spots. However, it does come with a remote and you can control which direction you’d like it to go. The home button on the remote automatically returns the Deebot to its charging dock.
If you’re prone to losing remotes, all the functions and features are accessible from the phone app and is a great additional feature. The app is very reliable, user-friendly and fast to launch. Connectivity works well and the features are displayed in detail within the app. You can schedule cleaning on certain days and can control it while you are away from home. The app notifies you if the Deebot gets stuck. Spot cleaning mode is a very useful feature which helps you auto clean certain spots in case you drop something.
It comes with two spinning brushes which are great when picking up dust or other small particles of dirt. However, these become problematic when it’s going over something like potting soil dirt. It can end up throwing dirt farther across the room. The spinning brushes are easily removable though and the wifi app does tell you the consumable use of these. The parts are readily available on Amazon.
The Deebot has a cliff sensor which prevents it from falling down the stairs or any height it faces, it’s ideal for cleaning hardwood floors as the movement is fluent and swift. Although it is perfectly at home when placed on hard floors or thin carpeted floors, it is not ideal for thick rugs. The brushes tend to slow down their movement and drain its battery much faster. Other problems include; getting stuck on the stairs, getting stuck on rugs and bringing smaller rugs on a ride around when it gets stuck in the suction.
Overall the Deebot is a very impressive, lightweight, gadget and we would definitely recommend. While it has some minor problems, it is a great value for the money given all the features it comes equipped with. This is definitely good value for money!