Backing up holiday photos on your iPhone is important to ensure that you don’t lose them in case of accidental damage to your phone. You can back up your iPhone through iCloud. However, you are only given 5GB of free storage. iCloud starts backing up only when your phone is connected to the internet. You may prefer backing up photos to your computer. There are various ways to do this.
You can back up your iPhone to a computer with iTunes. Download and install the latest iTunes on your PC. Plug in your phone to the computer and run iTunes. Click Device > Summary > Back Up Now. iTunes will start backing up your iPhone. To check your backup list, just click iTunes. Choose Preference and then click Devices. This process only allows you to back up your entire iPhone to Mac or PC, so you can’t choose specific types of data to back up such as messages, contacts, photos, messages and notes. You can’t view or read the content in backups directly on your PC.
If you don’t want to deal with such shortcomings, you can just use a backing up tool for iOS so that you can back up your iPhone to Mac or PC without using iTunes. AnyTrans can help you back up specific types of data such as your photos on your iPhone to your computer, another iOS device or iTunes. Aside from allowing you to create desired iTunes backup, this tool also allows you to view detailed contents in your backup files. AnyTrans is also free to download, so you don’t need to worry about paying for anything.
How to Backup Photos with AnyTrans
- Open AnyTrans and then connect your phone to your computer. Select Device Manager and find the shortcut button screen. Click the Content to Computer button.
- Choose the photos you want to backup and then pick the Export Path. Click the Right Arrow to start the backing up process. You can view the files later on your computer.
- If you want to create an iTunes backup, just find the Backups option on the homepage. Click Backup to start backing up your phone. AnyTrans shows all the iTunes backup files on the computer. You can choose a backup file to see the content.
AnyTrans can be used to back up your iPhone to your computer regularly and automatically through the AnyTrans Air Backup Manager feature.
How to Backup Photos Regularly and Automatically with AnyTrans
- Launch AnyTrans on your Mac or PC. The computer and iPhone should have the same WiFi connection.
- Select Air Backup Manager. The Air Backup Preference feature is automatically launched. If it did not appear, you can enable this function and schedule Air Backup from 1 day to 1 month.
- Click Back Up Now to start the process.
- For more options, click Advanced Settings. You can choose the Backup Path and device battery setting.
You can choose a backup schedule. Every time the tool creates a backup, it will back up the contents that haven’t been stored in your previous files. It won’t create a new folder. You can view all files in the backup folder as well as use AnyTrans to backup photos saved on your iPod Touch or iPad.