It’s always a good idea to have a case or specialist bag for your electronic device to protect it from damage and STM Goods, one of the leading designers of bags, accessories and cases have recently launched a new line of products entitled The Myth Collection. This collection blends protection with stylish and clever designs, using attractive fabrics and colours to offer a range that is both casual and pleasing to the eye. The good news is that everything is made from a water-resistant, lightweight fabric too. So, you might be wondering what is in this collection.
The Myth Collection comprises a 28L capacity backpack, 18L backpack, a laptop brief and a laptop sleeve. There’s also two storage accessory items, namely the Must Stash and the Dapper Wrapper. Each item has enough room to house a laptop, a tablet, a phone and documents. The larger backpacks will also have enough room for other items like a jacket or a lunch box. There are plenty of zips and pockets so that you can carry around battery packs, pens and cables. These have been designed to help you stay organised and tidy while keeping your belongings safely stored.
The Myth sleeve is not only crafted to carry a laptop, it also has a luxurious fleece lining. Must Stash carries a volume of 1.5L and will sit inside most STM backpacks. In the Must Stash there’s also places to store cords, pens and other items. The Dapper Wrapper is slightly larger than the Must Stash and it has lots of storage compartments and pockets for cables, adaptors and all the miscellaneous bits and bobs you carry around.
The Myth Collection is over 20 years in the making and STM have clearly spent a lot of time on the design of these products. Here are some of the features that they claim are “Smarter Than Most” and establish their reputation as a brand that are striving to offer something innovative.
• Smarter Protection: SlingTech™ suspends laptop away from edge of the pack, isolating it from the bump zone; fleece-lined laptop section and tablet pocket cradle tech gear
• Smarter Design: ComfortCarry™ harness features ergonomic curved fit, provides ideal weight distribution; TPU coated webbing handles with rivets ensures durability
• Smarter Travel: PassPort™ securely easily connects the backpack to other baggage items
• Smarter Construction: Water and dirt repellent, environmentally-friendly fabric; air channel back panel system promotes air flow, keeps the user cool and comfortable; reverse coil zippers (slider positioned on the flatter side) keep moisture and grunge out; main zipper on each of the backpacks is waterproof
• Smarter Technology: Remarkable CableReady™ system lets you charge on-the-go with cords out of sight; portable power pocket; AirPod pocket offers quick, easy access to your wireless headphones; dedicated place to keep ear buds safely stowed, corralled, and untangled
• Smarter Organisation: Roomy capacity; internal power brick/cable compartment; fleece-lined storage for sunglasses
The CEO and co-founder of STM Goods, Ethan Nyholm said, “From the very start of our company, STM has created products that work for the customer in a better, more intelligent way. For example, our SlingTech™ feature is one of the industry’s most revolutionary innovations in digital gear protection. Today, with the introduction of such creature comforts as the ComfortCarry™ harness, and convenient pockets for AirPod and ear bud storage, we continue to create products that set new standards for effectiveness, efficiency, and originality.
“It occurred to us that associating the letters in our company name, with a message that clearly identifies to the customer why our products are their best choice, made perfect sense in reinforcing a strong brand identity. When people see the letters STM, they will be able to make the immediate connection that our products are ‘Smarter Than Most,’ helping to establish us as the most appropriate choice, the better choice—the first choice—for a pack or brief.”
It’s interesting that STM Goods are spending a lot of time on the aesthetics of their products, as well as making them functional and this could be something that sets them apart from other brands, whose products are either attractive or practical. They’ve used an assortment of fabrics in the Myth Collection, ensuring that each of the three colour selections has a different colour. There’s 300D x 400D poly for the granite black, 300D x 600D nylon/poly blend for slate blue, and 300D x 600D poly triple diamond rip for windsor wine. This is a departure from the way they used to work, using identical materials and textures throughout their colour choices.
You can read more about these products at the STM Goods website. Pricing for items in the Myth Collection is as follows:
- 28L backpack £119.95
- 18L backpack £99.95
- Brief £69.95
- Sleeve £49.95
- Dapper Wrapper £24.95
- Must Stash £14.95
What is more important to you when purchasing a new backpack or case for your gadgets? Do you favour functionality or attractiveness, or do you go for a balance between the two?