Having a good battery pack or power bank is the need of our times. While you can easily charge your phone a fair few times with these nifty devices, until recently, it hasn’t been possible to charge your laptop with them, at least not with a pocket device. Enter the Omars Fast Charging Power Bank. Not only can it charge your phone a fair few times, it also delivers power via USB-C, and allows you to charge the likes of Macbooks or other USB-C compatible laptops.
Omars Fast Charging Power Bank – Features
- Provides power via USB-A and USB C. You can also charge USB A and USB C devices simultaneously.
- The power bank can also be charged via USB C. USB-C to USB-C and USB-A to USB-C cables are provided.
- Offers USB-C PD 45W, so you can fast charge the likes of your iPhone X to 50% in 40 minutes.
- The USB C type cable allows you to charge your power bank in only 4.5 hours.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 compatible. This means most phones can be charged up to 80% in under an hour.
- Certified safe and conforms to IEC 62133. Built-in multi-protest-safety-system.
- Can charge not just phones, but laptops such as the new MacBooks and other USB-C compatible devices.
- Real-time battery level indicator.
- 12-month warranty.
- 17.1 x 10.2 x 1.6 cm ; 318 g
- 20,000 mAh, 75 Wh (making it safe for air-travel).
Look and Feel
In most ways, this isn’t different to any other battery pack. However, the noticeable difference is how it is just that tiny bit thinner. This means that you can pop it in a jacket pocket, just about squeeze into your jeans, but most importantly, very easily slide it into your laptop sleeve or backpack. This makes it highly portable, and also ensures that it is always there when you need it.
The battery pack we had is mostly blue with a bit of text on it. The business end, which is shown above is basically where it is all at.
You have your 3 ports which allow you to charge the battery pack as well as use to charge your devices. You also have a switch to turn this on or off, handy if you are going to leave it plugged in and in your bag. An LED indicator tells you if it is on or off (a green LED), and a set of 5 LEDs right next to it tell you about the power it has left in.
For me, the main selling point with this was the ability to charge my laptop on the go. There are countless battery packs out there that let you pump some juice into your phone. However, not many sleek offerings that let you charge your laptop on the go. This has addressed that problem for me very well, and this is why it is my new go-to battery pack.
It can easily charge a MacBook Pro once, and your typical phone 3-5 times depending on its battery size.
Speed is as it claims, pretty decent, especially if you have a QC compatible device.
Being light and thin has made it portable enough to slide it in my laptop sleeve, making this pretty much the only battery pack I need these days.
More information on this power bank as well as buying options can be found via their Amazon page. It retails for £38.99.
Discount for OxGadgets readers
OxGadgets readers have been offered a 15% discount by Omars. Just use the code WEPSNHH3 at Amazon checkout. Discount valid till the end of October, 2018.
As I have already mentioned, despite having an endless collection of battery packs, this is the only that I keep with me now. The ability to charge both your laptop and phone, at the same time, while on the move, makes this far better than anything else I have tried.