With the new iPhone X, iPhone 8 (Plus) and iOS 11 all making their way out into the world, you may be champing at the bit to try out all the new features. But before you upgrade to the neat new stuff, it’s a good idea to backup the important photos, videos, music, etc from old iPhone 6/7 to Mac in case something go wrong. There are many ways to backup iPhone to Mac like iTunes and iCloud, but to keep things simple, we recommend you a one-click iTunes alternative for Mac – MacX MediaTrans.
MacX MediaTrans stands as the fastest alternative to iTunes to backup and transfer data between iPhone and Mac. The paid-off app is now under a time-limited giveaway with free copies for every user. Take the time to download the 15-day full functional trial edition to backup iPhone to Mac.
MacX MediaTrans is a simple but powerful iPhone manager – it has a very strong core of basic processes – backup what you want to take care of most with the maximum of speed and the minimum of fuss. As the fastest – and most secure backup tool, it will back up massive types of data from old iPhone to Mac without data loss, and transfer backups to iPhone X/8 in a blink of an eye. It’s the best way to transfer photos, video and music between iPhone iPad and Mac.
- Full control over massive file types. It will backup live photos, HDR images, 4K videos, music, eBooks, iTunes purchased items, ringtones and more from iPhone to Mac, and vice versa.
- 2-way transfer let users backup old iPhone 6/7 to Mac, free up iPhone space, as well as restore backups to new iPhone X/8/8 Plus.
- Backup iPhone to Mac in a jiffy – world’s #1 fast backup speed. It takes only 30 seconds to backup 1,000 iPhone photos in HD or 4K resolution.
- Drag-and-drop iPhone backup will get rid of 5GB iCloud limits, or complicated iTunes operations.
- Remove iTunes DRM. iTunes purchased items with lock can be backed up from iPhone to Mac in limit-free MP4 or MP3 files. Plus, it’s one of only the few software that can auto convert large MKV, AVI, AVCHD videos to smaller H.264 for iPhone, and auto rotate slideways videos to make it the right way up.
- A strong iPhone manager. It’s the only iPhone manager that support deleting photos from camera roll and photo library; it also manage, edit, delete, create music playlists, albums, iPhone ringtone etc in batches.
How to Backup iPhone to Mac for iPhone X/8 Upgrade
Free download the iTunes alternative on Mac computers. Don’t worry about the system compatibility as it supports the latest macOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan or earlier. Then click the Application folder and plug your iPhone to Mac.
Each time when iPhone is connected to the computer, iTunes launches and immediately begins to automatically sync all content between iPhone and the connected computer. Prevent this to avoid any accidental data erasing: select iPhone from device button > Summary > disable “Automatically Sync When This iPhone is Connected”.
Step 1: Once your iPhone is connected to the computer, the iTunes alternative for Mac will automatically detect the device and offer you several backup options.
Step 2: Select the type of data you’d like to backup from iPhone to Mac. For example, if you have a large library of precious photos and want to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, select the “Photo Transfer” button and your whole photo libraries will be displayed under different libraries.
Step 3: Select the photos to back up. You can backup all your photos from iPhone to Mac by click “Select All”, or simply choose your best shots. Then click “Export” and the selected data will be backed up instantly. Specifically, it needs only 8 seconds for 100 4K photos back up.
That’s all there is to backup iPhone to Mac. Now you can switch to new iPhone X, iPhone 8 or install iOS 11, being fully confident that if things go awry, you can always restore your iPhone from a safe backup. To restore backups to iOS 11 updated iPhone, or the new iPhone X/8, simply click the “Import” and “Sync” buttons.
Having said all the above, you may just wonder “why should I choose the program instead of iTunes or iCloud?” Well, that’s the point. Below is a detailed comparison between MacX MediaTrans, iTunes and iCloud. We believe it could help you make a wise choice.
Admittedly, iTunes and iCloud’s ascendancy is striking when it comes to backup iPhone data. But if you want to backup iPhone with the least effort and fast speed, then MacX MediaTrans makes sense. Now you can snag the time-limited chance to get a full-functional free copy. In addition to that, MacXDVD has offered many other useful and freeware, like 5KPlayer- a mixture of free (MKV) HD video player, music player, AirPlay media streamer and online video downloader.