Love them or hate them, Blackberry have made a name for themselves for office usage based on their security and privacy offerings. While their OS may not have done very well, they see hope in Android. With the announcement of the DTEK50, and the success of the Blackberry Priv, they have decided to bring their well known BlackBerry suite of apps to Android. These are not just for the Android offerings from Blackberry, they are available to all the devices running Android Marshmallow (6.0) or more.
The users on Blackberry devices will get the apps straight out of the box, integrated into the device. For all other users, the apps will come with a 30 day trial. After that, users can either continue to use the apps with an ad-based experience, or subscribe to the entire suite for 99 cents a month, which will bring extra features as well. Of course, users can choose to download the full suite from Google Play or just pick and choose what they like.
Key features of the BlackBerry Hub+ include:
- Hub: A unified inbox that allows you to:
- compose email messages and social posts
- respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
- snooze items so that you can view them at a later date, time or location
- quickly select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts
- file email messages and manage all your folders
- search for messages or contacts saved directly on your device or on the email server and more.
- Calendar: View and respond to meeting invitations directly from the BlackBerry Hub. When you create or change events, you can avoid double bookings by viewing when you’re busy. Using the “Join Now” feature, you can instantly dial into your meetings directly from your event reminder. And with Google Now™ voice commands, booking meetings has never been easier.
- Password Keeper: Stores all your passwords, log in information and important records safe in one highly secure spot that is encrypted with a password of your choice.
- Contacts: Stores all your contact info in one location for convenient management. You can interact with your contacts using a variety of methods such as phone calls, text and email messages, or calendar events directly from the Contacts app. You can also create and manage contact groups.
- Tasks: Increase your efficiency at work by creating tasks, setting due dates and reminders to help you stay focused and meet your deadlines.
- Device Search: Easily find a contact, a meeting, a file, an email, a song by searching in one universal search bar.
- Notes: Keep track of to-do lists or your bucket list, notes for a presentation, action items from a meeting, gift ideas for your family or groceries you need to pick up after work.
- Launcher: Turn multi-step actions like sending an email or calling a friend into a one-click task. BlackBerry Launcher lets you organise apps, widgets and shortcuts on customised home screen panels for instant access.
Will you be downloading Blackberry’s suite of application? Have you used a Blackberry in the past and found those features useful? Do you think Blackberry are right to charge for the suite?
Let us know in the comments below.