When it comes to house hold goods, vintage is definitely the new black. You’re getting radios that look like classical sets, and now we have TEAC’s effort to add to the mix, where they present to you the 50s style SLS930.
The features at a quick glance are the following:
* Wireless connection from Smartphones, Tablets, and Laptops via Bluetooth®
* 2.1ch Speaker System with Individual Speaker Chambers
* 65mm Stereo Speakers and downfiring 80mm Subwoofer
* Top-loading CD Player compatible with CD/CD-R/RW, and MP3/WMA formats
* AM/FM Tuner with 20AM/20FM Preset Stations (RDS for UK/EUR models)
* Convenient On/Off Timer with Snooze, Digital Clock with 2-step dimmer, and Sleep Timer
* High Performance and Power Efficient Class-D Amplifier
* Front-located Headphone jack and AUX In jack
Including a remote control, and Class D type Amplifiers, the speakers pack in plenty of oomph, including the subwoofer. The looks are designed to remind you of the cars from the 50s, and as far as sound goes, there are plenty of options, going from AM/FM radio to CDs, to Bluetooth, to a 3.5mm auxiliary input. On top is the clock and alarm feature.
The only thing we see missing from this is a DAB ability, but that could be down to the fact that this has been made by a Japanese company for the international market, and DAB is still new to rest of the world.
This will available from March, with a suggested RRP of £199, and will be available in four colours.(Red, Black, White or Silver)