It seems like the current trend is to make a great phone, and then create a smaller lighter version of the same thing, and give it the name MINI. LG have joined the trend, and today they made official the LG G2 Mini. The phone will be unveiled at MWC next week, and it promises to give you a mid-range device in the package of the ever popular LG G2.
The LG G2 is one of the best Android phones we have ever tried, so the LG G2 Mini has a lot to stand up to. Of course, as far as the user experience and the software goes, the G2 Mini offers the exact same features as the G2. You have features such as Guest Mode, Plug&Pop, as well as 4G connectivity and 4 colour options.
The device though, is targetted at mid-range market. Featuring a smaller 4.7″ screen, the G2 features a 2440mAh battery and a Quad Core processor. It also comes with Android 4.4 Kitkat, so you don’t have to worry about upgrades and such. OF course, it still features LG G2’s rear button, as well as the Knock feature.
“Recent trends have seen the emergence of larger screens and phablets, which offer an incredible viewing experience on the go, however we must not forget that there is still a huge appetite for smaller devices that fit conveniently into pockets and handbags.” said Andy Coughlin, Head of Mobile LG UK.
“We are incredibly excited about the arrival of the G2 Mini, which brings many of the features consumers have come to love about the LG G2, but in a more compact size. The reception to the G2 has been very positive from both media and consumers alike and we are confident that the G2 Mini will continue this success.”
The G2 Mini will be available from March. It will also be on display at MWC at LG’s booth in Hall 3 of Fira Gran Via.
– Chipset: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core MSM8926 (LTE), MSM8226 (3G)
1.7GHz NvidiaQuad-Core Tegra4i (LATAM LTE version)
– Display: 4.7-inch qHD IPS (960 x 540)
– Memory: 8GB eMMC / 1GB RAM / SD Card Slot
– Camera: Rear 8.0MP / 13.0MP(LATAMLTEversion) /Front 1.3MP
– Battery: 2,440mAh (removable)
– Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
– Size: 129.6 x 66.0 x 9.8mm
– Network: Cat. 4 & VoLTE / Cat. 3(LATAM), HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
– Connectivity:Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), A-GPS,NFC(only applicable to 4G LTE version)
– Colors: Titan Black, Lunar White, Red, Gold (availability differs by region)
– Other: Plug & Pop, Guest Mode, Clip Tray, Quick Window,etc.