Nokia, only recently (or so it seems) pushed the Amber update to the Lumia range, bringing in new futures as well as camera updates to the range. Today they have started the roll out of Black update, which brings even more features to Windows Phone 8 devices. Obviously, these features are only available on the Lumia range.
The updates include the following features:
- App Folder, allowing you to group similar apps in to a single folder on your start screen, putting your favourite apps in a single tile.
- Glance Screen 2.0, which now lets you see your notifications on top of the time and alarm/charging. Apps such as Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp and phone, emails, messages, outlook, calendar will all be visible at a glance now.
- Bluetooth LE, making it compatible for fitness devices such as Adidas MiCoach accessories.
- Nokia Refocus, letting you refocus images after you have taken a photo.
- Nokia Beamer, allowing you to beam documents.
- Nokia Camera, combining the Pro and Smart Camera to simplify photo taking experience, as well as bringing raw DNG support for Lumia 1020 users.
- Better imaging algorithms.
- Safe Driving Mode, cutting out unnecessary distractions when you’re on the road
- Customized ringtones for each contact
- Close apps within/multitasking
- Lock Screen rotation
The Black update has started rolling out today for Lumia 1020 and 926, and other models will follow in the coming weeks.
How to update
Phone will automatically check for updates every week. Otherwise, go to Settings > Phone Update. If available, it shall download and install.